Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Often when a player achieves something big a lot of posters think he will dominate now everything or he is the next big one. It's a typical overreaction.

When I think about Medvedev I see now how good he played in the second half of the year (post Wimbledon) since 2019. Especially his performances in Toronto/Montreal, Cincinnati and of course the US Open are very impressive. He already one all three tournaments once and was also twice in a final and twice in a semifinal.

For me his games suits perfect for this courts. I can see him winning almost 10 titles at the North American Swing in his career.

What do you think?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Often when a player achieves something big a lot of posters think he will dominate now everything or he is the next big one. It's a typical overreaction.

When I think about Medvedev I see now how good he played in the second half of the year (post Wimbledon) since 2019. Especially his performances in Toronto/Montreal, Cincinnati and of course the US Open are very impressive. He already one all three tournaments once and was also twice in a final and twice in a semifinal.

For me his games suits perfect for this courts. I can see him winning almost 10 titles at the North American Swing in his career.

What do you think?
It will depend on Nadal's health and how many more years he will play.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Here you can find his insane stats in the second half of the year since 2019.

·
Registered
6,005 Posts

Here you can find his insane stats in the second half of the year since 2019.
And Zverev... like I mentioned before.

If it wasn't for his US OPEN choke last year and Medvedev in his way in Shanghai + Paris it would be Zverev instead with the August To November sweep.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Everything is possible, that he falls into a hole after achieving his first slam, as other players did before him, as well as that he wins almost everything from here to the end of the season. He certainly proved that he can maintain his level at the end of the season in previous years.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
He has a solid chance to win consecutive US Open titles, something not done since 2008. Which is funny given how often it has happened in the other Slams.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Didn't even play enough quality opponents until facing a spent finalist to even warrant 'dominate' description.
This, I still see Medvedev as the best of the new generation but the difference isn´t so big, if Zverev or in form Tsitsipas would have been in the other half, we would be talking about them instead of Medvedev

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Us open king does not go 13 years without winning the title (40-15 Fakerer) Nadal definitely us open king I never said he's Goat there by the way.
5 titles trumps 4 titles. Nadal US Open king is delusional and nobody says it outside your bubble. Having 4 US Open titles is still pretty good for the RG king.

·
Registered
Nadal
1,647 Posts
5 titles trumps 4 titles. Nadal US Open king is delusional and nobody says it outside your bubble. Having 4 US Open titles is still pretty good for the RG king.
Having one more us open means very little for Federer as he sucks there now for over 13 years. For me Nadal had more longevity at us open than Federer as Nadal won winning his last us open at 33 years old also 9 years between Nadal first to last 2010-19. Compare that to Federer short W-era 5 years with only one more title at us open clearly Nadal greater than Federer at us open despite one less title. Plus Nadal 4 us open titles rank 13th all time Adjusted by difficulty Ultimate tennis statistics.com.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Having one more us open means very little for Federer as he sucks there now for over 13 years. For me Nadal had more longevity at us open than Federer as Nadal won winning his last us open at 33 years old also 9 years between Nadal first to last 2010-19. Compare that to Federer short W-era 5 years with only one more title at us open clearly Nadal greater than Federer at us open despite one less title. Plus Nadal 4 us open titles rank 13th all time Adjusted by difficulty Ultimate tennis statistics.com.
Doesn't matter if he won his last 1 year or 30 years ago. He's got more than Nadal. Now you come with weak era. That's funny because Nadals USO draws were a joke so that's not a path you should want to go. Never faced the player with most USO wins, no wonder he flukes 4 of them ;)

·
Registered
Nadal
1,647 Posts
Doesn't matter if he won his last 1 year or 30 years ago. He's got more than Nadal. Now you come with weak era. That's funny because Nadals USO draws were a joke so that's not a path you should want to go. Never faced the player with most USO wins, no wonder he flukes 4 of them ;)
Federer beat near Retirement Agassi, always injury Hewitt? Servebot Roddick baby Djokovic and baby Murray. that's the worst us opens draws/ titles I in tennis history Nadal not even close to this. As I said Nadal 4 us open titles ranks 13th hardest Adjusted by difficulty Ultimate tennis statistics.com. Nadal beat prime Djokovic twice at us open and future ATG Medvedev, plus red hot del Porto, Anderson he's path are harder than Federer it's not even close. By the way do you know Nadal beaten Djokovic in more hard court finals than Federer embarrassing. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Federer beat near Retirement Agassi, always injury Hewitt? Servebot Roddick baby Djokovic and baby Murray. that's the worst us opens draws/ titles I in tennis history Nadal not even close to this. As I said Nadal 4 us open titles ranks 13th hardest Adjusted by difficulty Ultimate tennis statistics.com. Nadal beat prime Djokovic twice at us open and future ATG Medvedev, plus red hot del Porto, Anderson he's path are harder than Federer it's not even close. By the way do you know Nadal beaten Djokovic in more hard court finals than Federer embarrassing. :ROFLMAO:
Okay I see, full delusion. Nadal US Open Goat. Nothing we can do about it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts