Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Lleyton Hewitt Be Top 10 After Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 42 93.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lleyton Hewitt only has 5 points to defend in Indian Weels and no points to defend in Miami so how realistic is it that he could be back inside the Top 10 after Miami?

Currently he is #24, so if he at least reaches the semis of both Indian Wells and Miami his ranking would probably move up to about #9.

If he plays as well as he did in Cincinnati last year he could reach the semis of Indian Wells and if he gets a favourable draw in Miami could potentially get as far again.

BTW, Is Tony Roche with him in Indian Wells/Miami?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Wow, bold prediction. I think not

But there's alway this outside chance with a favourable draw

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
What have you been smoking? :retard: :D

If he makes QF at one of the events and make top 20 he can be happy.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
No

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
funny, baggy is in the exact same position with points to defend and is CLOSER to top 10 (therefore a better chance) But you do see all of us baggy fans jumping the gun to make a thread (neither will crack the top 10 any time soon in My eyes though) :p

·
Registered
335 Posts
hewitt could reach the top ten again but it wont happen soon. he is gunna need a miracle for it to happen at all but hes as talented as roddick i would say and look what roddicks been doing lately. if lleyton can have some similar results and play well who knows. atm he losses to to many low ranked players in early rounds

i doubt he will reach top 10 again though. hes getting worse not better

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It seems to me that there are some people just waiting for Lleyton to find his game again and start challenging the big boys. It's not likely to happen. He hasn't been able to do well in the small tournaments lately. Chennai, Tokyo, Sydney for example have been disappointments. Las Vegas didn't go too well either. So why would he suddenly reach the SF at Indian Wells and Miami.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts