Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Ivan Lendl give Andy Murray the moxie he needs to win his first major in 2012?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple poll:

1. Yes
2. No
3. Murray could have won a major without Lendl's help.
4. Murray will never win a major.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
A more reasonable question would be: "Will Ivan Lendl give Andy Murray the moxie he needs to win his first set in a major final in 2012?"

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
the brad gilbert effect,....start with the serve ivan

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
What ever works, I'll take it. :cheerleader:

Reactions: MTwEeZi

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I don't think so. He looked good in Brisbane, but he has looked far better in Masters 1000 previous to G.S and then he has fucked it up on the biggest stages.

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The poll options aren't mutually exclusive.
Correct, but you can only choose one, so choose the one that is closest to expressing your feeling. ;)

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
No, you can't teach talent.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
A more reasonable question would be: "Will Ivan Lendl give Andy Murray the moxie he needs to win his first set in a major final in 2012?"
hahhahhaha this ^^^, but really I don't see him Murray doing it with or without Lendl's help. don't get me wrong, I think Ivan definitely is helping his game and I think Andy looks way more focused (at least in Brisbane) with Lendl in his box but I don't think getting a new great coach will automatically make up for Andy's weakness in his matches against the top dogs- the fact that he has no real big weapons except for maybe the serve.

a great coach can't really make up for no big weapon to use in rally's

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
If he thinks Lendle is the solution or at least helps him, he might get more believe he will make it and then he has more chance. But I still think it will be really hard for Murray if a top player is playing his best against him in the final or semi final.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
If the draw opens up & he has to play only 1 of the top 3, & that before the final, then he'll win a slam anyway. Otherwise, it's going to be tough, though not impossible, whoever his coach is.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If Mugray had played in a weak era like the 90s, he could easily have been a slam winner against such weak competition.
But now he has to face 3 titans - Federer, Nadal and Djokovic - who are all all-time greats, so it is no surprise he hasnt won one so far (and probably wont ever win either)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm not giving up on Andy yet! And sadly I think Rafa is going downhill at this time :sad: Roger is getting older :sad: So that leaves Nole as his biggest block IMHO.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,453 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts