• they won´t

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think guys about those 2 players? Currently arguably 2 fastest servers on the tour - Groth fastest serve at AO 2014, Olivetti at this RG

Groth at career high right now 136 and Olivetti also career high 161

How they will do in next months at faster surfaces - grass and than HC

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Groth hit the fastest at RG too (in double): 230 to Olivetti's 228.

Funny thing is they are both headcase and don't really have cool nerves...

It will be interesting to see how they fare at Wimbledon qualies, i think they are very similar both 1 handed bh and both will go for their shots but they will miss more often than not.
Even if his 1 serve % is pretty low i think Olivetti serve is better thanks to a better 2nd serve.

Overall Olivetti has more chance to reach the top 100 as there are a lot of MM in France where he can get a WC and fluke a win or two.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Groth hit the fastest at RG too (in double): 230 to Olivetti's 228.

Funny thing is they are both headcase and don't really have cool nerves...

It will be interesting to see how they fare at Wimbledon qualies, i think they are very similar both 1 handed bh and both will go for their shots but they will miss more often than not.
Even if his 1 serve % is pretty low i think Olivetti serve is better thanks to a better 2nd serve.

Overall Olivetti has more chance to reach the top 100 as there are a lot of MM in France where he can get a WC and fluke a win or two.
Olivetti just lost in Halle qualification, haven´t seen him on grass so far, he is to big guy so just slice it to his legs and he can be in trouble i think. Actually this RG radars were weird-not high numbers- like 5-10kph lower than should be about fastest serves from top guys like Groth, Olivetti, Raonic, Janowicz - 4 hardest serving guys on the tour.

Yes he can get a lot of WC in France, but Groth is at this point higher ranked we will see but i personally am checking this guy all the time

·
Registered
26,088 Posts
Groth has at least decent ballbashing abilities, while Olivetti is a disgrace form the baseline. Having him in the top 100 would be shocking.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Actually this RG radars were weird-not high numbers- like 5-10kph lower than should be about fastest serves from top guys like Groth, Olivetti, Raonic, Janowicz - 4 hardest serving guys on the tour.
i think they are the same as the one at the AO, which should be the standard.

Speaking of radars, the one in Queen's is a big joke, Melzer hit 140 mph, Gimeno 139 and Lopez 152 :lol: im sure Groth would break his own record there ^^

·
Registered
57,777 Posts
Groth isn't a headcase IMO. At least not a particularly bad one. That RG doubles semi choke was 80% Golubev's doing.
Anyway, IMO Groth will Olivetti won't.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Groth probably will, his serve and forehand are enough to win Challengers for sure and can probably pick up some decent wins in the grass and faster hc's.

Olivetti has a big serve and not much else from what i've seen, so I doubt he will make top 100 this year but he may be able to bot himself into it in the future

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think they are the same as the one at the AO, which should be the standard.

Speaking of radars, the one in Queen's is a big joke, Melzer hit 140 mph, Gimeno 139 and Lopez 152 :lol: im sure Groth would break his own record there ^^
Have seen that 152 from Lopez vs Lajovic, maybe today Lopez will hit 160 who knows:D:D, that´s what wrong with radars, you have some indoors events where you have +10kph more for example, that´s why i personally use grand slam - should have good technology and outdoor conditions. That´s why i think Groth, Olivetti, Raonic, Janowicz have hardest serves in last years - watching them hitting big serves at big evenst - including Masters1000

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Olivetti from the baseline is a bit of a mess, forehand can be a weapon at times if he's given time on the ball, backhand is very weak, Serve and volleys are very good from what ive seen.

As for Groth I can see him breaking into the top 100 and hes not even that far off right now at 136, but staying inside will be a whole different matter. His backhand is a real weakness, serve and volleys are great, forehand is a solid shot.

Both need to improve their return of serve especially Olivetti.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
With this monumental event, the balance of power in Men's tennis is about to be shaken beyond recognition in no time :scared:..MTF spotting the moving tentacles :yeah:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So Groth did it today in Newport and people writing no way:D should be Top 100 in YE ranking, let´s see what Olivetti can do

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I find it funny that so many people were saying that he wouldn't/couldn't, despite the fact that he is defending minimal points for the rest of the year. Top 50 isn't out of the question imo, what with American hardcourt & indoor hardcourt season to come.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
NID all servebots don't peak until they are 30 or so it's scary how good he might get

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
groth can really do it indeed!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts