Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He just lost several hundred points (I think 510) here at Monte Carlo. He really needs to make a statement and... win Istanbul and do better at Madrid, Rome, and the FO in 2015. Gaining at these four events will be easier for him because in 2014... Madrid absent, Rome 2nd round loss, and the FO 4th round loss. Therefore he has nothing to defend at Istanbul (new event), Madrid (absent in 2014), and Rome (0 points because first round bye and second round loss). As for the FO he only has 180 to defend for making the 4th round.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Fed in this clay season is a lost cause. He simply can't keep up with many on clay anymore. There's not much he can do at the moment, but he should try to peak at Wimbledon as it is the only slam he realistically has a chance of winning.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think he'll do worse than 2014 TBH, he can gain points at Istanbul, Madrid, Rome, and even possibly the FO.

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
I doubt it really. Anyone playing well can beat him on clay these days. He is clearly finished on the red dirt. Why did he even sign up to play 5 events on clay this season and jeopardise his chances at Wimbledon? :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
This. He has to take what he can get at his old age. :hug:
Fakovic will be in the same position in 3-4 years time

·
Premium Member
9,075 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
He is one of the favourites.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
Seriously, field is extremely weak other than Dimitrov. Monaco 5th, Schwartzman is 8th seed, it should tell something lol. Of course he should win here, and will win i think, would be laughable if he fails.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Fed in this clay season is a lost cause. He simply can't keep up with many on clay anymore. There's not much he can do at the moment, but he should try to peak at Wimbledon as it is the only slam he realistically has a chance of winning.
Is this assertion being made solely on the basis of one match? He looked fine yesterday; Monfils was just better today.

While I do agree Wimbledon is the only slam he realistically has a chance of winning (and even still I think it's a very slim chance) this clay season is far from being a lost cause.

Given the field, Federer appears to have a good a chance as any to win Istanbul.

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
If Federer doesn't win this tournament then he should never play on clay again

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Highly irrelevant.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts