• No

Votes: 38 49.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a rough year, Roger seems to again be picking up his game with a win in Marseille and currently in the semis of Dubai.

Do you think he can translate his success to a Slam?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm not sure if he can handle it. He is certainly good enough, I voted no but he certainly could.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I voted yes, I think Federer matured these last few months and will be able to put it all together at Wimbledon! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Come on Roger, its about time! :D

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Reluctantly I think not, but I reckon he will come closer than he has recently and make it deep into the second week at Wimbledon. If anyone is going to knock out Hewitt as defending champ, he is in with a better shot than most. I think that a Slam win could very well be on its way next year, though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
No, he is a good player in all, I just don't think that he is ready yet, but I think that he will in due time.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I echo what Sjengster said. I believe that his results this year will be better than last (this would of course, require winning 4 grand slam matches or so over the rest of the year, mind you), but I don't believe that his first slam will come until next year.

·
Registered
370 Posts
no

his best result is quarterfinals

there are othe canditates with better credentials, but he should have a great chance at W

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes

Because he's improving all the time, Because he has the talent and is getting stronger mentally...and because I have faith:)

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
He has all to win one, but I voted "NO".

I don't know, there's something about him that never convinced me, yeah, he's got lots of talent, and bla bla bla, but then he's winning a match, and suddenly makes like 5 UE like ag. Arazi at Dubai when he(Roger) was serving for the match.

That's why I doubt he can win a Grand Slam, at least this year.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I also voted no
I only see him getting to the Semifinals in the slams this year. or maybe not.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Hmm..he has the potential but I don't think he can pull it through all the way. Somehow he underachieves while working his way through the draw at a slam. He'll play great and then find a way to lose the next round. Perhaps it is a mental block.

·
Chiudi-fan
75,900 Posts
Roger is able to win a Grand Slam tournament, but there are a lot of players who can win. I hope Roger will win one, but I'm not sure. But I will vote yes, just because I believe in Roger :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think he will....someday.....how I wish for it to be this year.....:angel:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I hope so, but I dont think he will. He always seems to get upset by some lower ranked player in Slams, in fact i dont think hes reached a Slam QF since 2001. He does well in other tournaments but not in GS.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts