Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No he wont !

Votes: 12 75.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since word came out of Federer surgery. It was know Federer would drop in the rankings. I did a poll about where he would land when he cam back.
This poll has another side. What does MTF think about him reaching or returning to #3 again.
To reach the top2 spots he needs masters and slams and he wont get any of those before july. So in my opinion unrealistic for now.

·
justice for all
16,783 Posts
I think NO.

The question is: will Roger qualify for ATP Finals? That will mainly depend on his results on grass.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
At his age, any injury could finish him. That's the bitter truth.

But assuming he recovers fully, then yes, he'll return to #3 this year or early next year. He may even return to #2.

Any player who's fresh for the 2nd half of this year will have a big advantage, as the top 2 are burning the candle at both ends.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fed, Domi and Tsitsipas in a battle for #2 spot early next year, while Rafa or Novak are out injured, having pushed themselves too hard last year and this.

·
Registered
10,845 Posts
That's anyone's guess. He might, but he might also not. It all depends on how well he can prepare himself before Wimbledon, both in rehabilitation and training.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some mixed results here. One doesnt think he can return to top5. I think he can and will.
Another doesnt know about WTF. Hes not droping out of top10 yet. But has a chance to play wtf.
And one has him coming back next year to 2nd. Way to optimistic. But possible
What one thinks with beeing fresh i counter with rust also.
Harder QF and SF
Top5 yes top3 i dont think so.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I don't know if he'll play enough tournaments to be able to get back into top 3. He would have to win most of the big tournaments to make up for that and that's a pretty tall order against both Djokovic and Nadal. Everything would have to align perfectly.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I think NO.

The question is: will Roger qualify for ATP Finals? That will mainly depend on his results on grass.
This is the big question.Remember last year's 8th place entrant at the WTF from memory didn't even bag 3000 points so that semi's result at the Australian Open will help Federer.A good showing at Wimbledon and a couple of titles at Halle & Basel will do 80%+ of the work but he still has to go deep at the US OPEN and then push in the later Indoor season as well.

It'll be tight and I won't be surprised if he doesn't qualify this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts