Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogie will play in Doha and Dubai, but will he play in Miami or not?? I don't think Rogie's going to play in Monte Carlo and of course not Barcelona, so playing Miami would be a good idea, since he likely won't play again until Madrid or Rome, and of course play the FO once again!! Your thoughts??

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,661 Posts
Travel is the only thing to consider. Europe to US and then back to Europe. Is it worth for one tournament?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends, if 2021 is truly his last season (I don't think it is FWIW), then he should indeed play it one last time, otherwise, might be best to skip it!!

·
Registered
19,603 Posts
He most probably will, he just needs matches and not sure whether his early spring campaign will be successful after such a big hiatus.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I think he'll play only if he exits early in Dubai

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Signing up for Doha puts Miami in doubt. 3 tournaments in a row in 3 weeks, for an almost 40-year old, making a comeback?

He should have just played Dubai, where he has a home and is currently practicing, and then Miami, the biggest Masters 1000 (96-player draw) event on the tour this year. I don't get why he is even playing Doha?

His last big title was at Miami'19 and won 2 of the last 3 Miamis ('17 & '19), btw.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
When Novak officially confirms not playing it, i look forward seeing Fedal in vulture mode there ;)
Last time federer met djokovic in a bo3 match he absolutely rolled him... you djokotards still haven’t realised that players don’t commit to tournaments according to the entry list…

·
Registered
4 Posts
Miami announced today the players will have to bubble between hotel and venue. I think this will definitely turn some away. The US already requires you to be here 14 days in advance and quarantine. Also notice the prize money was released today and its a 70% drop from 2019. I think as far as international players only the ones who live in the US will probably come for the most part. The ATP has way less of those than the WTA does.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Why in the name of goodness would Federer be afraid to meet a Djokovic recovering from a muscle tear?

Unless of course ...
Because Federer's ego cannot endure many - or any - more heartbreaking losses to Djokovic. Beating Djokovic are the most satisfying and rewarding for Federer. But losing to Djokovic are the most painful and heartbreaking.

Federer is not sure if he can ever beat Djokovic again, so he will make sure it only happens in a Grand Slam.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Because Federer's ego cannot endure many - or any - more heartbreaking losses to Djokovic. Beating Djokovic are the most satisfying and rewarding for Federer. But losing to Djokovic are the most painful and heartbreaking.

Federer is not sure if he can ever beat Djokovic again, so he will make sure it only happens in a Grand Slam.
But you misunderstand.

Djokovic is supposedly recovering from a "muscle tear".

So why would Federer look to avoid an injured, weakened Djokovic? That makes no sense.

Unless of course the muscle tear business is total horseshit ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts