Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you say, will Rogie play all 4 grand slams in 2021?? I think he will and it's a great idea in 2021, there's a decent chance it's his last year, and definitely his last chances to win any grand slams in 2021, else he's too old to!! Your thoughts??

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I would love to see him try to play without the crowd support. But if he continues playing, he will soon lose his slam and weeks at 1 records. Will his ego let him retire without his precious records? I think he's already retired tbh. He won't play again.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
if healthy and if covid permits id say yes, most likely his last full year

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Please no, stay away from clay Roger. Wimbledon and 1 of the HC slams depending on how he feels when they come around.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
No idea how many slams Rogie will play but surely he will win two of them. I fully trust the OP's prophetic dream.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IDK, Rogie played the 2019 FO for the first time in a few years and made the SF, granted he was thrashed by Rafa, but he made it far, he may want to play one last time to say goodbye to the French fans!!

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, FWIW, it was just a dream, I hardly call it prophetic!! More like in my dream just wishful thinking...

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
I think he is gong to skip clay season, it's an Olympic year. He is going to have 40 and needs to be careful

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
It’s an Olympic year, so probably all, bar FO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Since it is an olympic year, I doubt that he plays the clay season. He's going to be 40. I think playing clay does help federer though. It forces him to hit through his shots full on, I think his strong showing at FO2019 was the reason he made the Wimbledon final. His ground game was way more solid, unlike Wimbledon 2018

·
Registered
387 Posts
Actually, Rogie is missing: Olympics singles gold, Rome title, and Monte Carlo title!!
The two masters don't matter much, as masters can be relegated to 500, or be disbanded any time, as it's been the case in the past. Masters is less prestigious compared to GS, Olympic Gold, and WTF. Masters are probably 4th on the list. It's prestige has gone down , especially with a lot of new and random winners the past few years, like Sock, Dimitrov, Isner etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts