Mens Tennis Forums banner

Fedal again?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been more than 1 year, close to 1 and half. I am not sure if it's been that long before. (Anyone confirm?)

On many occasions where they may meet, when the one is fine the other sucks.

Many think that Federer will retire after Rio 2016, not long after so as Rafa (which i disagree)

Nevertheless, is there a chance, that AO SF happens to be the last one? :eek:

·
Registered
29,418 Posts
Yup.

Next

·
Premium Member
8,488 Posts
Well, Federer is more likely to go deep in hard courts and grass tournaments and Nadal in clay tournaments so it's quite unlikely that they will ever meet again imo. If they do ever meet again, expect it to be on clay or when Federer is playing like a mug.

·
Registered
767 Posts
It's been more than 1 year, close to 1 and half. I am not sure if it's been that long before. (Anyone confirm?)

On many occasions where they may meet, when the one is fine the other sucks.

Many think that Federer will retire after Rio 2016, not long after so as Rafa (which i disagree)

Nevertheless, is there a chance, that AO SF happens to be the last one? :eek:
because of your thread, they will meet in madrid this week :worship:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I don't really care. Their "rivalry" is boring and overrated. No further matches are needed.

·
Bring it Home
20,487 Posts
Nadal is likely to drop out of the top 8 (he's currently 7th in the Live Rankings) after Roland Garros, unless he somehow defend all of his points.

So, he will have a shot at drawing Federer in the R16 of Wimbledon already. It will require an easy draw like last year for him to win 3 matches on the grass though.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Nadal is likely to drop out of the top 8 (he's currently 7th in the Live Rankings) after Roland Garros, unless he somehow defend all of his points.

So, he will have a shot at drawing Federer in the R16 of Wimbledon already. It will require an easy draw like last year for him to win 3 matches on the grass though.
If I remember correctly, only the 13-16 seeds can meet the top 4 in the R16, in an effort to give the seeded players an advantage. I discovered this last year when Murray fell out of the top 8. So Nadal can't meet Federer in the R16 unless he drops out of the top 12. This is not that farfetched: if Nadal loses early in Madrid and Rome, then loses in the SF of RG, he may fall out of the top 12.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
They need to meet 4 times still... then they would have met total of 37 times, one more than Lendl-Mac.

That would mean Nadal-Djokovic-Federer rivalries would hold all three top spots for Open Era rivalries...

Code:
Tot	Rivalry

43	Nadal - Djokovic: 23-20
38	Federer - Djokovic: 20-18
36	Lendl - Mcenroe: 21-15
35	Becker - Edberg: 25-10
35	Lendl - Connors: 22-13
34	Mcenroe - Connors: 20-14
34	Sampras - Agassi: 20-14
33	Nadal - Federer: 23-10
29	Nadal - Ferrer: 23-6
Which would be :cool:

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Of course they played a lot during Federer's worst period and didn't play again for 1.5 years.
Nadull is obsessed with HtH as his tards

·
Bring it Home
20,487 Posts
If I remember correctly, only the 13-16 seeds can meet the top 4 in the R16, in an effort to give the seeded players an advantage. I discovered this last year when Murray fell out of the top 8. So Nadal can't meet Federer in the R16 unless he drops out of the top 12. This is not that farfetched: if Nadal loses early in Madrid and Rome, then loses in the SF of RG, he may fall out of the top 12.
Yeah, you're right, my bad, although Nadal has less grass points than Cilic, Wawrinka, Dimitrov and Lopez. Remember, the grass ranking for Wimbledon is different. He's not likely to drop out of the top 12 though, unless Tsonga wins Roland Garros. :lol:

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, you're right, my bad, although Nadal has less grass points than Cilic, Wawrinka, Dimitrov and Lopez. Remember, the grass ranking for Wimbledon is different. He's not likely to drop out of the top 12 though, unless Tsonga wins Roland Garros. :lol:
He will be in top 8 for sure, and prepares for Wimbledon with two tournaments prior to it. So he will be ok hopefully.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
23 ass whoopings are not enough? :rolleyes:

Want more? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
They won't meet until Nadal comes back at his best. Then, there will be some matches between them, most likely on clay or slow HC. :yeah:

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
Yes. Next time Roger holds a charity event or some promotion for tennis and Nadull wants to pretend he has fans or a personality he'll tag along.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Well, Federer is more likely to go deep in hard courts and grass tournaments and Nadal in clay tournaments so it's quite unlikely that they will ever meet again imo. If they do ever meet again, expect it to be on clay or when Federer is playing like a mug.
they will meet again, and extremely likely that it will be BOTH on HC and clay

·
Registered
645 Posts
most likely. in past 11 months or so Nadal was out for more then six, then played only 3 matches against top10 players (losing to Berdych at AO, Raonic at IW and Djokovic at MC... i think those were all), but it is Nadal, and he will get back to form, so you can bet they will met again... only those meetings will not get too frequent as before cause while both are still good to be top 4(again, counting on Nadal getting back in form), they will lose more often then before to some "random" players

1 - 20 of 28 Posts