Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Federer ever win another Grand Slam?

• Yes

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 14.3%

Will Federer ever win another Grand Slam?

5K views 105 replies 53 participants last post by  masterclass 
#1 ·
After his beating by Del Potro in the US Open 2009.

#3 ·
Maybe. He can't beat Rafa and now Del Potro will own him in hard court slams. He can still win Wimbledon in 2010, but that's it.

#5 ·
AO: Rafa, Djoker and Murray
FO: Rafa and Del Potro
Wimby: Roddick and Rafa
USO: Del Potro and Murray

He could win, but it's not looking too good.

#14 ·
Is Roger Federer Finished? Fed's last stand.

That was a crushing defeat by Del Petro who really proved to everyone he was the future of Tennis.

Federer proved he couldn't even handle the mental game when he had so many chances to win the match. Federer also played pretty terribly today with no strength in his shots and had over 50 unforced errors.

This was Federer's absolute last stand at age 28. He might never win another Grand Slam again, one last bravado before the light flickering out.

Is this over for Roger Federer? Younger, faster, better players on the Tour will beat him everytime Federer faces them. :sad:

#15 ·
Re: Is Roger Federer Finished? Fed's last stand.

Before people bash on you, you should realize that this thread has been done countless times ><

just a warning guy~~ Be careful what you post!

#17 ·

Hahaha, was waiting for a thread like this. LISTEN, Federer isn't going nowhere, he just won a slam a few months ago, so what if he didn't win this one, you can't win them all. He won more then anyone this year so it's all good. I think in 2010, federer will win 2 slams, nadal french and someone else will win 1.

#46 ·

Hahaha, was waiting for a thread like this. LISTEN, Federer isn't going nowhere, he just won a slam a few months ago, so what if he didn't win this one, you can't win them all. He won more then anyone this year so it's all good. I think in 2010, federer will win 2 slams, nadal french and someone else will win 1.
No one will listen to you, logically. Follow my plan, stop coming to MTF. Nobody "TALKS" tennis, it's just a bunch of bullshit bickering. Which is why I've been following these forums for yeeears, yet have only posted a few times. There's no POINT in posting.

Good day.

#22 ·

Jesus fucking Christ, people who start these dumb ass threads need to be banned.

How many times have we gone through this song and dance? Wimbledon 2008 - he's done. Australia 2009 - he's done. Loss to Tsonga - he's done. Just give it up.

#26 ·

:rolls:

Ok, I know I am young and some of my posts are to "opinionated" I guess but I am sick of bulls*** like this.

Federer has not only made the finals of every grand slam this year, but he has won 2 or more sets in each one of them. So he has had a shot at the grand slam this year. Also, he was 2 points away from winning 6 straight US Open's, which is amazing because he still is unbelievably consistent at this point of his career. I mean what did it take to stop him, epic fail from shot spot and drnk fans:lol:

Sure Delpo and Rafa and Djokovic and maybe Murray :)rolleyes:) will look good against him in a few majors, but are they going to make every single final?? Answer: No. Federer will only keep making major finals. Always has been and he will always continue to do so, assuming he still has the drive with being a new father and husband now. Get real you Fed haters

#28 ·

Done or not really don't care as much. 15 career GS changing of the guards is needed as long as it's not murray!!!

#30 ·
Wow. he was 2 points away from the match and he has made 7 straight major finals and he has won 2 or more sets in each one of them this year. Jesus you all need to get with it. Fed is the GOAT, he makes every GS final without a sweat.

Federer has not only made the finals of every grand slam this year, but he has won 2 or more sets in each one of them. So he has had a shot at the grand slam this year. Also, he was 2 points away from winning 6 straight US Open's, which is amazing because he still is unbelievably consistent at this point of his career. I mean what did it take to stop him, epic fail from shot spot and drnk fans:lol:

Sure Delpo and Rafa and Djokovic and maybe Murray :)rolleyes:) will look good against him in a few majors, but are they going to make every single final?? Answer: No. Federer will only keep making major finals. Always has been and he will always continue to do so, assuming he still has the drive with being a new father and husband now. Get real you Fed haters

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.