Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Informed tennis analysts always knew that that when Roger Federer plays a half-decent opponent who refuses to choke, he can be exposed badly. While the transitional champ had an incredible amount of luck in pulling off stunning upsets of santoro, blake, berdych (with a little help of timely tuition from sampras), it was too good to last. Good fortune is not unlimited. Djokovic finally showed the resolve missing in so many terrified chokers and the transitional champ lost miserably despite playing his best tennis.

It of course goes without saying that Federer is not going to win any more slams. GOAT Sampras will keep his well deserved record won with genuine toil and sweat in the era of lions. 12 Slams amassed in a ridiculously weak era cannot stand a decent comparison against that.And he loses to his first decent opponent who shows as a real man.

Ladies and gentlemen, the transition has begun just as i predicted !

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Re: Federer will not erase pete's record.

I was waiting for you:hug:. You took a long time to come. Its been 7 hours since Fed lost

·
Registered
7,697 Posts

But I think Mods will have to erase your threads as the time goes.

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts

Heya, Pot Brownie- you're like the town crier with these threads.

Can't you wait at least half a day before drawing up the neverending Fedex/Sampras threads? Some of us are still reeling...

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts

Hope not for one reason > Sampras is/was way better player.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts

:dog:

:cat:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

I was never worried about Sweet Pistol Pete's record!

·
Banned
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
7,266 Posts

Amen to that.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts

He's hitting the same wall that pete did at the same age.

Fed's done more in 4 years, then Sampras did in 10.

·
Registered
677 Posts

Sampras was a compiler. 14 majors, and he played about 14 years. NO RG final, ever.
What Federer was doing was way, way tougher.
He's been one match from a grand slam in 2 straight years. 10 straight slam finals with 8 titles.
This was his worst loss in years. How he rebounds from it will be a part of his legacy.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

In fact Fed shouldn't have reached 12 slams. Last year's Wimby and USOpen were gifts from heaven.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

Even if he doesn't win another slam, it will be written that ATP rigged the draws against him on slams at least 4 times, which changes perspective and makes you wonder how much sense it makes after that anyway

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

well I don't doubt that he won't win 14+ slams. But that's not because of today's defeat or his level dropping, it's because winning slams is so hard, you never know when you stop winning them. People seems to forget about that.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts

I wouldn't take mediter at all seriously. The poor man has been rambling on about the end of the "transitional" era and predicting Fed's demise for about 3 years now... lol (like the headcase on the sidewalk proclaiming that the end of the world is next week) :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 426 Posts