Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In the race Federer is only 1.270 points behind # 1 Djokovic. So Federer has the best chance of regaining the # 1 spot for the first time since November 2012.

·
Registered
21,272 Posts
He'll need to win it to get to #2. Seems unlikely to me imo. I think he'll get to #2 eventually, but not immediately after the USO. Probably during the asian swing/indoor season.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Only a matter of time before he gets to #2.

Can't wait for all the Fedtards to start clinging onto that even though Nadal missed a huge chunk of the season with an injury :lol:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

Can't wait for all the Fedtards to start clinging onto that even though Nadal missed a huge chunk of the season with an injury :lol:
Yeah because Fedtards care about that :lol:

Fed is 33, Nadal 28, of course Nadal is gonna be ranked higher if both are 100%.

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
Injury is part of the game I'm afraid. Injury protection is important, a player must know when to risk playing all-out and when to not. Nadal unfortunately, is injury-prone because he most of never evaluates the risk, he plays all-out all the time. Federer on the other hand knows when not to risk an injury.

- It's not fair to take joy at an injury, like most Nadal haters do right now. It's not acceptable behavior.
- But it's also not fair to asterisk every tournament played while a top player is out with injury like most of Federer haters do right now. This things happen, it's not the first time in the history of the game. Tennis goes on, it does not revolve around one single player.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
top player is out with injury like most of Federer haters do right now.
It is interesting that they asterisk his win over Soderling, but not the fact that he's never beaten Fed at the USO.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
It is interesting that they asterisk his win over Soderling, but not the fact that he's never beaten Fed at the USO.

Federer hasn't beaten Nadal either at the USO. It's not as if Federer has a 5-0 record vs Nadal at the USO. :rolleyes:

Btw Nadal has beaten peak Djoko twice at the USO :wavey:

And finally Rafa is like 8-2 on outdoor hardcourt vs Federer :kiss:

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Injury is part of the game I'm afraid. Injury protection is important, a player must know when to risk playing all-out and when to not. Nadal unfortunately, is injury-prone because he most of never evaluates the risk, he plays all-out all the time. Federer on the other hand knows when not to risk an injury.

- It's not fair to take joy at an injury, like most Nadal haters do right now. It's not acceptable behavior.
- But it's also not fair to asterisk every tournament played while a top player is out with injury like most of Federer haters do right now. This things happen, it's not the first time in the history of the game. Tennis goes on, it does not revolve around one single player.
TRUE! IMO, Nadal's technique and scheduling is the reason for his many injuries.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Federer hasn't beaten Nadal either at the USO. It's not as if Federer has a 5-0 record vs Nadal at the USO.
Fed also won 5 in a row. When Nadal finally beats Fed at the USO then we can say he's climbed the mountain.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Fed also won 5 in a row. When Nadal finally beats Fed at the USO then we can say he's climbed the mountain.
I would go a step further and say even if Nadal beats Fed at USO, at this point in their careers can it really be said that he climbed the mountain? Had they played at the USO Pre 2010 and Nadal had won that would be a different story.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
I would go a step further and say even if Nadal beats Fed at USO, at this point in their careers can it really be said that he climbed the mountain? Had they played at the USO Pre 2010 and Nadal had won that would be a different story.
Yep, the same thing as Djokovic finally beating Nadal at RG, five years from now.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts

That's where you are wrong. Tennis revolves around two people. Rafael Nadal and uncle Toni. :devil:

·
Som i Serem
16,500 Posts
I do not think he will win the US Open, but if he is going to have a decent indoor season #2 is very much possible.
Would be nice to avoid Djokovic before SFs due to seeding.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Nadal looked to be about to take Federer's record for most weeks in the top-2 at the end of January 2015. Fed 418, Nadal 396 atm. With this latest setback he might have to postpone the attack on that one. But you never know, maybe he for once will be rested and play a great indoor season.

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Nadal looked to be about to take Federer's record for most weeks in the top-2 at the end of January 2015. Fed 418, Nadal 396 atm. With this latest setback he might have to postpone the attack on that one. But you never know, maybe he for once will be rested and play a great indoor season.
He can have that one. He is after all the real #2.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts

Don't worry - I think Nadal's weeks at n.2 record is safe for a while yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts