Mens Tennis Forums banner

How many matches will Djokovic lose in 2020?

Votes: 13 30.2%

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 60.5%
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still undefeated and playing great tennis in Dubai at the moment.
Will he lose any match at all this year?
There seems to be noone left who can beat him. He has RAFA's number. Rogie is out injured, Medvedev is in a slump.
Can anyone stop him? Who and where?

I'm gonna go on a limb and say Djokovic will not lose a match in 2020.

·
justice for all
16,779 Posts
Are you drunk, man? We are in February. And he barely won his pet slam where Thiem was 3 games away from beating him.

·
Premium Member
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you drunk, man? We are in February. And he barely won his pet slam where Thiem was 3 games away from beating him.
Pressure is always the highest when you play your pet slam, the one you're supposed to win. And he managed to pull through even so, against a dangerous opponent, without playing his best.
I see no stopping him now.

·
Registered
19,064 Posts
Cmon man.

He's a Medvedev choke and Thiem fatique/scheduling inflicted loss away from being title-less

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Of course, he will.

No one ever remained undefeated during the entire ATP calendar year in the history of tennis, and not a 32-year old or an older player.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
Obviously he’s gonna lose at some point, he sure as hell ain’t winning RG and even so, he barely escaped some matches he arguably should’ve lost.

·
Premium Member
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Obviously he’s gonna lose at some point, he sure as hell ain’t winning RG and even so, he barely escaped some matches he arguably should’ve lost.
Why are you so sure he can't win RG? He's done it before, he's beaten GOATdal there before and I wouldn't bet on Thiem against him either. Is there any potential threat? I just can't see it.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Nothing like big 3 litre box of white wine and hitting the MTF - huh?

He has looked great many times going to the season. He has never gone undefeated.

He could finish with less than 10 defeats if he can keep it up. Dont see it though.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I still have hope in Rafa on clay ;)
Thiem also has a shot,so let's see.Clay swing will be brutal?

·
Premium Member
7,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing like big 3 litre box of white wine and hitting the MTF - huh?

He has looked great many times going to the season. He has never gone undefeated.

He could finish with less than 10 defeats if he can keep it up. Dont see it though.
Just because it hasn't happened before does not mean it won't happen in the future.
I think Djokovic is as good as ever and the field is rather weak.
I also think Djokovic is smarter now than in 2011 or 2015 when he overplayed at times. I think he'll play a lighter schedule to prevent burn out.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
Why are you so sure he can't win RG? He's done it before, he's beaten GOATdal there before and I wouldn't bet on Thiem against him either. Is there any potential threat? I just can't see it.
Thiem’s beaten him the last 2 times they’ve played there and Dull is still gonna be too strong at RG.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
Still undefeated and playing great tennis in Dubai at the moment.
Will he lose any match at all this year?
There seems to be noone left who can beat him. He has RAFA's number. Rogie is out injured, Medvedev is in a slump.
Can anyone stop him? Who and where?

I'm gonna go on a limb and say Djokovic will not lose a match in 2020.
No he wont lose any match. Rogie is not there to beat him at RG semifinal,

However, there are plenty of clowns at the tour now and some new Clownini may rise and disturb his rhythm by withdrawing from Wimby QF for instance

·
Registered
769 Posts
You do know there is a certain guy on tour called Stan who loves to play (and beat) Novak. Just a matter of time before they meet again.

·
Registered
19,064 Posts
You do know there is a certain guy on tour called Stan who loves to play (and beat) Novak. Just a matter of time before they meet again.
the only times Stan has a chance are at a slam really, and they almost certainly won't meet there anymore

·
Registered
19,064 Posts
Why wouldnt they meet in slams anymore?
Because the chance of them getting drawn in R4 is extremely unlikely, and Wawrinka won't make it any further than the QF, thats for sure.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
People jump the gun and get excited too soon, novak had great starts in 2008, 2013 and 2016 and while they were good years, they all ended up with some disappointment. The season is long, he might get injured, sick, lose form or some other players catch fire and beat him. Not to mention he needs a miracle to win the french.

Reactions: RocketMan70
1 - 20 of 81 Posts