Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Djoker ever win RG?

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Nadal will win RG until 2014 - after that, you can create this topic again.

·
Registered
934 Posts
If he gets back to his form from earlier this year, then he'd be the main favorite going into RG 2011. I think there's no reason to think he can't beat Nadal at Roland Garros, so I don't see why not.

Three people achieving the career grandslam in a span of four years though :stupid: Shows you how fucking homogenized these courts are.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His biggest issue isn't Nadal, it's mental. He chokes a lot more at RG than any other slam. Some of his losses there have been shocking.

His Wimbledon results are better even though his game is better suited to clay than grass.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
If he does, it will take away some of the prestige and overall accomplishment the career GS is.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Nadal is a non-issue for Djokovic, couldn't even take two sets in one match this year, 0-6, and that's slow hard, clay, grass, and medium hard. Nadal's only chance at RG is another Fed-Djokovic SF. Djokovic needs to hope it's Fed-Nadal in SF.

As usual, everyone wants Fed in the other half.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Novak is rounding out to peak form and got to the SF last year so there's reason to believe that he'll eventually get a shot at that major.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
He could do it next year. Hope he does.

If he does, it will take away some of the prestige and overall accomplishment the career GS is.
Already the case IMO, whether he wins or not.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts

Let's say it would not improve the situation.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
You had no problem with Federer achieving it. But all of a sudden it blows now all of a sudden because Djokovic would be on the list? Haters will always hate.:eek:

Anyways, I think the reverse is true. It would mean that this era has more complete all around players. Players that can dominate other players at any stage at any grand slam. True competition.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
he's no Pete Sampras :tape:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I said probably. Nadal is literally the only threat (albeit a huge one). But his physicality is going to catch up with him soon I think, and he won't always be a no-brainer to win RG.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
You had no problem with Federer achieving it. But all of a sudden it blows now all of a sudden because Djokovic would be on the list? Haters will always hate.:eek:

Anyways, I think the reverse is true. It would mean that this era has more complete all around players. Players that can dominate other players at any stage at any grand slam. True competition.
You just keep on producing quality posts.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Nadal will win RG until 2014 - after that, you can create this topic again.
I'd say that's a bad prediction. I predict he'll at least win the next 6, taking it up to 2017. Nadal will end his career with 19-20 Slams. Anyone who says otherwise needs to wake up.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

:lol: big troll didn't see this coming.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
I'd say that's a bad prediction. I predict he'll at least win the next 6, taking it up to 2017. Nadal will end his career with 19-20 Slams. Anyone who says otherwise needs to wake up.
:yeah:

Nadal should take the next 3-4 RG, being conservative. Another 2 Wimbledons, 2AOs and 1 USO. That's another 8-9 slams. Olderer will win roughly one more, bring his count to 17. Thus Nadal will end up at 18-19 slams and Olderer at 17. Therefore Nadal will be GOAT and Olderer 3rd GOAT (behind Nadal and Janko Tipsarevic).

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Nadal is done. Of course he will.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I think he will. In fact, this he played better at Roland Garros than at Wimbledon. The fact that he ended up winning Wimbledon and losing Roland Garros just shows how quickly things can change in a slam.

I think Novak has a better chance of winning Roland Garros than winning Wimbledon. :)

1 - 20 of 201 Posts