Mens Tennis Forums banner

Can he do it?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • No.

Votes: 106 74.6%
  • He will not only catch Nadal but Federer too and win 20+ slams.

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he is only half way there but he has broken the slam final curse and the floodgates may open again. He has also far less mileage on his body than Nadal, having started his peak much later. He is a mental giant and has a more complete game than Nadal which allows him to be the favorite for any slam he plays. Can he double his slam count or is that asking too much?

Discuss.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I know he is only half way there but he has broken the slam final curse and the floodgates may open again. He has also far less mileage on his body than Nadal, having started his peak much later. He is a mental giant and has a more complete game than Nadal which allows him to be the favorite for any slam he plays. Can he double his slam count or is that asking too much?

Discuss.
Very, very unlikely.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Yes, Djoko can definitely go to #14, but at that time, Nadal will be sitting at #21..

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Of course, he only has to win a mere 7 slams. And he has a better record in three of them so it's in the bag really. Even Murray is just a couple CYGSes away.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Of course not. He's not going to win as much as he has already by this time. Ridiculous, do you expect they'll start implanting bionic body parts soon and players will play till 40?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Yes, Djoko can definitely go to #14, but at that time, Nadal will be sitting at #21..
You are living in a dream world. I'm a huge Nadal fan, but no way is he winning 21 slams. 17-18 is possible at the very best. And Nadal being Nadal it will come when everyone's written him off AGAIN. Thats what I love about the guy.

As for Djokovic, he is not breaking 12 slams. Mark those words. So Nadal will at the very worst become the second greatest alround player of alltime. He will forever be the greatest on clay. And Djokovic at very best will be top 5.

That's the way the tennis cookies going to crumble for these two.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
He has missed his opportunity at RG-2013. Had he won that match, he would have a good shot. Well, he is already a legend and one the greatest players on fast surfaces, so :shrug:

1 - 20 of 243 Posts