Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rafa: 88
Djokovic: 85

What I'm asking is, assuming Rogie finishes with 103 titles, will Djokovic and/or Rafa surpass Rogie in titles??

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
It's very much a secondary record & doubt either one cares about at this point.

Swiss ballerina can remain proud of his stacked w/ ATP250 titles' record.

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
A nice stat showing the longevity of Federer, but by no means something worth chasing.
At their age, Rafa and Novak will be all about cherry picking the majors to break away from 20.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Nadal will have an excellent shot, if he realises that he is no longer competitive on hard- and grass court. He could then go all-in on expanding his record as the Clay GOAT and vulture the many ATP 250s on dirt the next 3-4 years.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Nadovic tried to play those 250s and lost, or else avoided them in order not to burn out from too many matches. Federer's fluid style of play meant he did not have to worry about that. Both his titles and match wins are way out of reach. GOAT.

·
Registered
14,242 Posts
No way ..... Djokovic will continue his focus on slams, some masters (at max 4-5 per year) and few smaller tournaments (Belgrade and maybe some ATP 500 here and there).

Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
346 Posts
Rafa: 88
Djokovic: 85

What I'm asking is, assuming Rogie finishes with 103 titles, will Djokovic and/or Rafa surpass Rogie in titles??
If they set that as their main goal, most likely they would (like Roger would surpass Connors if he decided to do it 5+ years ago). But they won't choose that direction. So my final answer is NO.

·
Registered
314 Posts
They don't bother with mickey mouse tournaments like 40-15er, so I don't think so

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Doubtful they’ll even reach 95 IMO
Surpassing Federer’s overall title count won’t be their focus I imagine and even if it was it’d be quite difficult for them to do, unless they play and stay competitive longer than it currently seems

·
Registered
Diego Schwartzman, Novak Djokovic, Dominic Thiem, Stan Wawrinka
679 Posts
That may be a bridge too far. I think a realistic target for both of them would be to try to reach Lendl's total of 94.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Djokovic has barely played this year and has amassed 'only' 4 titles this year so far.

Even if you go by his successful trajectory in the next 3 years (Which will dip inevitably) that would put him at around 100 titles aged 37 and a half.

That's providing he plays that long... continues to play the amount of events and continues to win most of them... which he won't as the years progresses.

So no... unless he drastically changes his schedule in the upcoming years.

With Nadal... missing his usual in the Indoor season because he gets his beatings there injuries on hardcourt,if he relies on just picking up claycourt titles via either masters series of the odd 500 events he can theoretically get there but he'd at least have to play until 39 at the earliest in my opinion + also change his schedule and play the South American swing events and try to vulture those to get him close to it.

As it stands,if both players continue with their current schedules... no.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
109 is the number.

No one cares about 103. You are trying too hard to make someone relevant, seth.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
109 is the number.

No one cares about 103. You are trying too hard to make someone relevant, seth.
200 is the number (Laver). 109 is the Open era number.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts