Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Djokovic remain as the WNO in 2012?

• Yep

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 12 42.9%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic had an exceptional season, won 10 titles including 3 GS and M500, gathered over 13,000 points.
That said, he looked extremely bad post-USO (6-4 w/l record), dealing with his own body and exhaustion.
It seems almost impossible to repeat such a tremendous season, personally I don't believe he'll be able to push himself to the limits once again and play so many matches with this kind of consistency.
I assume his own body could reject to bear such an effort in 2012.

Do you think Nole will defend the number one ranking?

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
He only needs to be the best player next year to be number 1 and given that when fit he is the best I say YES

·
Premium Member
21,537 Posts
Djokovic had an exceptional season, won 10 titles including 3 GS and M500, gathered over 13,000 points.
That said, he looked extremely bad post-USO (6-4 w/l record), dealing with his own body and exhaustion.
It seems almost impossible to repeat such a tremendous season, personally I don't believe he'll be able to push himself to the limits once again and play so many matches with this kind of consistency.
I assume his own body could reject to bear such an effort in 2012.
He doesn't have to repeat it, it will be enough if he performs better than Nadal who also has a lot to defend.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
No Gasquet will.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
If he can still beat Rafa consistently, there's no question about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts