Votes: 11 42.3%
  • mibbes aye mibbes naw

Votes: 9 34.6%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just over a year since Dimitrov won Queen's and the one year anniversary of Raonic's last success is fast approaching.

Answer the poll in a dignified manner.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
What an awesome generation it's turning out to be.

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Dimitrov's best chance would be to play some tournaments in the post Wimbledon clay season, but I haven't heard if he's doing that so probably not.

Raonic also probably not, he is out again with injury and missing Washington, seems unlikely he'll get back to his usual level quickly and won't have that many small tournaments to play in before the end of the year.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Both will have their chances in the post-US Open swing, there's some small indoors 250 events they can very well win.

As for mandatory events, 0 chance for Dimitrov anywhere I'm afraid; Raonic has a negligible chance at the Canada Masters if he's in good form and there's some home cooking going on.

Both could have a chance at Bercy if the top 8 is already set it stone by then (seems to be the case) as it could then be a serial tankfest ala 2012.

·
Bring it Home
20,499 Posts
It depends on who will be Dimitrov's next coach. If he somehow hires Sampras, he's obviously one of the favorites for the USO and probably Pistol Pete will assure he won't play in any court but AA.

As for Raonic, I'm pretty sure his luck will give him some kind draws and he'll vulture some tournament like he did in Washington last year.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Botnic's best chance would be to try to peak for Paris and hope all the WTF qualifiers tank. If they use that same slow, indoor surface then it suits his game well.

Dimitrov will struggle to even make 250 finals the way he's playing this year. Unless his form miraculously recovers now that Rasheed is out of the picture.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say neither will win a title this year.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
it this generation for real?

Nadal's stats aged 24 please.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
As long as Djokovic, Federer and Murray keep playing some of their best tennis I dont see lesser talented generation taking over.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
dimitrov its hard to say. he's just not playing well at all

raonic..will have his chances in the hard court swing and he always seems to play well in the asian events.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
I don't know that Milos will be 100% at any point for the rest of this season. If he is, he's obviously likely to win something. But his health with that foot is a huge question mark. He's not even defending Washington and may miss Canada too.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know that Milos will be 100% at any point for the rest of this season. If he is, he's obviously likely to win something. But his health with that foot is a huge question mark. He's not even defending Washington and may miss Canada too.
I didn't realise that Rao was having problems again.

It could be a tough six months for him, he has the majority of his points to defend.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Raonic probably will if his foot gets better...as much as I dislike him, he worked really hard this offseason and improved his game very much, as opposed to Dimatrov who has just fallen down hard.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Raonic is overdue to win Tokyo.
If he loses early in New York, he'll show up in Melbourne as a 25 years old with only one Slam semifinal to his name.

All this time off the court may help him during the indoors season if everyone is tired and tanking before London.
His ranking may suffer as he has to defend 1060 points during the US Open Series.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Very likely both go title-less this year. Raonic depends on how his foot does coming off this latest injury. I don't see him winning any masters this year unless there is some serious tanking going on in Paris. He MIGHT finally win Tokyo this year after being runner up the last three years.

Dimitrov depends on him getting his head out of his ass.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Raonic is overdue to win Tokyo.
If he loses early in New York, he'll show up in Melbourne as a 25 years old with only one Slam semifinal to his name.

All this time off the court may help him during the indoors season if everyone is tired and tanking before London.
His ranking may suffer as he has to defend 1060 points during the US Open Series.
As mentioned earlier 500 of those points he's not defending as he won't be in Washington this year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts