• No

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I think he has the ball, I don't know how he manage to fuck up himself. There is a door sometimes, JMDP got it, Cilic got it, will he? DOES HE HAVE BALL OR NOT?

·
justice for all
13,148 Posts
The chance he wins a slam is very slim. Too much distraction, too little thinking, consistency and devotion.

I mean even if the entire TOP50 would retire he'd struggle to win a slam.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
No. His talent is not even close to what is needed to win a slam. He was always overrated and I think he in fact overachieved and is in rapid decline, and will win nothing above 250 level until he retires.
But what is even more concerning for him is the fact that he is going bald, so he might lose the ability to attract hot cougars, since he doesn't seem particulary bright, nor does he have a hot body, and face is just mediocre. So while his tennis career is certianly done, I wish he will somehow fix his hair and continue to entertain old women, cause they need love too.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Sure, he can. Hewitt, Krajicek and Cilic won slams so why not a more talented player?

I think he needs to mentally change and by that I mean trusting his own game plan and style of play instead of constantly adapting to what the opponent does.

·
Registered
906 Posts
He Must. For Fed's sake. It will be a historical embarrassment for Fed if his Baby never wins at least two Slams. A One Slam wonder is unworthy of the Baby-Fed brand.

At least 2-6 GS are possible during the coming 5-6 years for 3 reasons:

1) BabyFed is still an immature 27 year old - clowning around with russian pin-up models - who will peak once he matures.
2) Big 3 will decline in peak level and GS contenders with a remorseless natural clock each quarterly GS as we speak.
3) Next Gen are still hormone filled stupid teenage boys with the same tennis stability as Gael Monfils and mental stability as Don Quijote.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Sure, he can. Hewitt, Krajicek and Cilic won slams so why not a more talented player?
I wonder how a less talented player like Hewitt managed to become the youngest-ever world No. 1 in 2001, having earlier beaten Sampras in straights in the US Open final? Dimitrov may be a more talented player, but talent counts for little if you don't fulfil it.

·
6,250 Posts
Give him a slightly better than even chance of a late career slam, since the Big 5 are all over 30.
Played too defensively this year though, hence his drop down the Rankings to barely inside the Top 20.
His coach needs to re-evaluate training and tactics.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I wonder how a less talented player like Hewitt managed to become the youngest-ever world No. 1 in 2001, having earlier beaten Sampras in straights in the US Open final? Dimitrov may be a more talented player, but talent counts for little if you don't fulfil it.
My point exactly. That's why I said he should change the mental side of his game. On paper, Dimitrov has far more skill to win slams than the three players I mentioned. He needs to let things come together otherwise he'll continue acting like a spectator during his own matches.

In other words: take control! Don't be too passive (which shows he's not 'Baby Federer').

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
He has to change that coaching team, Valverdu & co. They look like a bunch of yes men and Dimitrov hasn't shown any significant improvement forever. I don't think he has the balls to do anything drastic like that tho.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
My point exactly. That's why I said he should change the mental side of his game. On paper, Dimitrov has far more skill to win slams than the three players I mentioned. He needs to let things come together otherwise he'll continue acting like a spectator during his own matches.

In other words: take control! Don't be too passive (which shows he's not 'Baby Federer').
Well, let's hope he has a better season next year – it can hardly be worse than this one.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
He needs a rest and time to refocus now.

Whether he'll win it I don't know but he's gonna come out guns blazing at AO.

Agree about him being too defensive this year.

·
justice for all
13,148 Posts
No. His talent is not even close to what is needed to win a slam. He was always overrated and I think he in fact overachieved and is in rapid decline, and will win nothing above 250 level until he retires.
But what is even more concerning for him is the fact that he is going bald, so he might lose the ability to attract hot cougars, since he doesn't seem particulary bright, nor does he have a hot body, and face is just mediocre. So while his tennis career is certianly done, I wish he will somehow fix his hair and continue to entertain old women, cause they need love too.
Did you know many women, not just elderly, like bald man as they have more testosterone? Bruce Willis, Van Diesel or Jason Statham come to mind.

Are you bald, Andrej?

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Did you know many women, not just elderly, like bald man as they have more testosterone? Bruce Willis, Van Diesel or Jason Statham come to mind.

Are you bald, Andrej?
I'm not bald.

Those guys you enumeated have manly bodies. Bald plus manly body works. Bald plus chicken torso, bamboo legs and arms doesn't work.

·
justice for all
13,148 Posts
Give him a slightly better than even chance of a late career slam, since the Big 5 are all over 30.
Played too defensively this year though, hence his drop down the Rankings to barely inside the Top 20.
His coach needs to re-evaluate training and tactics.
A bit off-topic but am I right that you've just grouped Stanimal together with the player from Serbia? How nice of you! :yeah:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think so, he is more of a Casanova rather than talent. He is probably the male version of Anna Kournikova when it comes to tennis, making headlines for dating rather than winning!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
No I don't think so. Dimitrov had a window of an opportunity after he won the WTF last year, and one would have expected him to carry the momentum to this year. But he didn't and now with Djokovic back to top form and Nadal having a great season as well, they will shut the doors completely on Dimitrov.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts