Mens Tennis Forums banner

What will Argentina do for the final rubber?

• Delpo def. Nadal, Argentina plays Monaco

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Delpo def. Nadal, Argentina plays Nalbandian

Votes: 25 96.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the unlikely case Delpo beats Nadal tomorrow, do you think Argentina will sub Nalbandian in for Pico? I mean it makes sense because Nalby has way more talent than Pico. And Pico's first showing of 4 games wasn't too impressive.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
If Delpo miraculously wins... they BETTER play NALBY... it would only make sense.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah they'd have to play Nalbandian in this situation. Should've played him against Rafa Friday too! Although there is no way Nalbandian would ever have the stamina to take out Rafa on clay in a best of 5 format.

·
Registered
14,666 Posts
Nalbandian will defiantly play.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
doesn't matter who plays, rafa finishes the job :shrug:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
If he plays,he should play in first match.It would make no sense to play a dead rubber vs Lopez or Verdasco.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
I won't vote, because the poll options are rubbish. Dpot will struggle to grab games against Rafa.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Yeah they'd have to play Nalbandian in this situation. Should've played him against Rafa Friday too! Although there is no way Nalbandian would ever have the stamina to take out Rafa on clay in a best of 5 format.
No they shouldn't have! This was the best chance for Argentina. Rest Nalbandian in the first day as he wouldn't have had a chance in hell against Nadal, hope Del Po beat Ferrer, win the doubles in eassy fashion and let Nalbandian win the 5th rubber.
If Nalbandian played in the first day we would have been dead tired against Ferrer.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Pointless topic, since Nadal will thrash Del Bashtro.

·
Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pointless topic, since Nadal will thrash Del Bashtro.
I was just saying in the hypothetical situation where Rafa loses. Rafa will destroy Delpo with the loss of like 4-8 games

·
Registered
962 Posts
If Rafa wins, there wont be a 5th rubber.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts