Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will A Current "non-Big 4" Player Get 10+ Masters?

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Winter Is Coming

Votes: 8 36.4%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the "Big 4" into double figures with the closest "challengers" a few years off retirement.

Will any of these chumps step up and claim a few Masters titles, or will the ATP just call it quits after the Big 4?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Coric will start piling them up soon enough :)
I like Coric but he has some serious improving to do to be considered for things like this. He is lacking a real big weapon right now, I see an all round good game but I've never watched a match and thought that is a special shot.

I can see why he is doing well, players who already have a nice well rounded game tend to break through before bigger hitters and players who build around 1 shot. I wouldn't pencil him in for big things just yet though, I can easily see him going down a Gasquet career path.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Some teenager (which ones?) or Kyrgios will. There is very little chance that any older player in his 20s will reach that. Raonic, Dimitrov, Nishikori and Tomic might grab 4-5 each.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
I doubt anybody among current players will be as much consistent as big4 guys in future.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
As things are looking now, no. The Big 4 are on another level when it comes to consistency.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
Raonic on hard, Nishikori on clay, maybe Del Potro

and then, Kyrgios, Kokkinakis, Chung?
We need a M1000 on grass. Raonic will win it every year until he retires.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts

·
6,611 Posts
There are like 9 Masters a year, it only takes a good 2-3 years and this is doable.
The likes of Novak will not be winning them indefinitely.(but enjoying it while it lasts).

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I'd be shocked if any of the current young generation ever win more than 5/6 slams each. Although I like Kyrgios and Coric, I don't think any of them really has it in them to be a true legend of the sport.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts