Mens Tennis Forums banner

What are Andy's prospects for the rest of the season

• Same-same no finals, no titles, nada

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • he will start reaching finals again and maybe win 1 or 2

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • He will win multiple title and start recovering his ranking

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • He will somehow perform even worse (losing streak, injury, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has not even made a final yet. Where many predicted his comeback to begin- Grass season- Andy has performed the worst. I don't think there is any hope left for this season, I'm all out of optimism.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Cinci and USO. Let's go.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Certainly not expecting wonders, but I think he might well win at least one.

There was always a chance this year would be a write-off, but at the same time, I honestly believe it could've been a lot worse to this point. He's at least holding some sort of placing in the race, and been showing the game for a while now, but just seems very delicate mentally. Maybe it'll take more time, maybe it'll take a big win, a title, whatever..

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
USO - Tokyo - Shanghai - WTF

believe :rocker2:

seriously though he'll grab 1 or 2 imo

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Would like to revise my expectations to 0. He's been given a gift draw to really make something happen, off the back of an intensive training block where he had so much time to prepare.... and lost to fucking Tsonga from 3-0 up in the final set. That tells you everything you need to know about his prospects this year.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, sticking with my prediction that he continues to muddle along, losing against every decent player, not making a final. It's such a sad time to be a Murray fan- it's like our moment in the sun after Wimbledon faded so quickly we didn't get a chance to properly enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Without Andy even playing a match, Shenzen has lost Simon and Ferrer. If he doesn't go on to win this when Gasquet and Robredo are the two biggest threats.........

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Winning an ATP250 title is pretty much irrelevant IMHO. It won't save his year.

But it's an important step towards qualifiying for the World Tour Final in London, which could be a huge opportunity for him to win back support at home.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
if he doesn't win this chinese 250 :haha:

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now if he can just defeat Tommy Roberto Andy will have himself another Title finally!
He's in the process of being straight setted by robredo.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Come on now you know Andy likes to make things hard on himself and his fans. He won the Match in 3 Sets and FINALLY wins a title this year.
Lol I never learn. I should have known Andy would wait to start kicking ass 5mps down.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I remember well a former Admin. here said that watching a Murray Match was like being on a Roller Coaster Ride from H*ll :lol:

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
I remember well a former Admin. here said that watching a Murray Match was like being on a Roller Coaster Ride from H*ll :lol:
this season has been terrible for viewing, the Raonic match in Miami, the Vesley game, the Cilic Rotterdam shitfest, the implosion for a set against that clown at the AO, the match vs. Diva, vs. Rafa at RG, the humiliation at Madrid and horror choke vs. Tsonga/Federer.

christ, its been painful to witness

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
this season has been terrible for viewing, the Raonic match in Miami, the Vesley game, the Cilic Rotterdam shitfest, the implosion for a set against that clown at the AO, the match vs. Diva, vs. Rafa at RG, the humiliation at Madrid and horror choke vs. Tsonga/Federer.

christ, its been painful to witness
And even when he is winning he still seems to be making it harder on himself and his fans than it needs to be! It just seems he has to drop that 1st Set :sad:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts