When Will Murray win his 1st GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i doubt he can but i hope he can win a couple of slams. serve and aggressiveness are his only weakness imo. actually, he serve is not that bad but he is not aggressive enough. he has so much talent when he played aggressive but he chose to push the ball like a 5 year old girl:(. i think that the only thing that separates him and djokovic is his aggressiveness. it's not like murray lacks power. i've seen him hit winner like crazy when he bagel his opponent. what do u guys think?:)

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
i doubt he can but i hope he can win a couple of slams. serve and aggressiveness are his only weakness imo. actually, he serve is not that bad but he is not aggressive enough. he has so much talent when he played aggressive but he chose to push the ball like a 5 year old girl:(. i think that the only thing that separates him and djokovic is his aggressiveness. it's not like murray lacks power. i've seen him hit winner like crazy when he bagel his opponent. what do u guys think?:)
Why all the red dots!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yes. It's a matter of time. I think he'll win his first slam in 2009 or 10 at the latest. This year I think he will make at least one good run to the semis in a slam.

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Maybe he will get lucky and win 1 at most.

Mentally too weak IMO.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
W'll see. He has enough game to do so, but we still don't know if he has enough consistency, stamina, mental toughness, to win 7 best of 5 matches.

He doesn't lack the weapons but so far he is still somewhat uncertain how to get the most out of them.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Why all the red dots!!
New poster? :shrug:

Back on topic: I feel Muzza surely has the talent to be able to win one (or even more) slam, but if anything, he's not there yet. Apart from the points already mentioned, he doesn't come across as mentally stable enough. But he's still young - and remember, Federer was regarded as a 'total headcase' in his early days, and see what's become of him. Not too bad I'd say.
So we just can't tell.

Let's see if he manages to take Marseille this week first, before starting any speculation on winning slams... :cool:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Probably.

As far as I know, every new poster starts off with having 'red dots'.
Nope. Every new poster starts off without any dots (neither green nor red).
Obviously, 'yellowboy906' got bad reps just at the beginning of his/her career as a MTF poster.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Probably.

Obviously, 'yellowboy906' got bad reps just at the beginning of his/her career as a MTF poster.
Really? I'm a new user and I started off with green dots...

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
Hopefully not, he basically has 3 or the 4 slams to do it at. I doubt he can do it in France, but either one of the others is possible.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Ah. Okay. Thanks for correcting me on that!
Nice way to welcome a new poster btw, badrepping him/her... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I doubt it. Since there's more and more players who develop faster than him, by the time he manages to sort out his head, the list of the top contenders might get even more crowded than it is now, and the comparison with the young Federer might be appealing, but I'm not sure it's completely valid, because the era differs significantly (what was "post-Sampras" back then, now is going towards "post-Federer", with different playing style and different approach to the game, and it's definitely going to be much harder for "Fed's tennis offspring", whoever that might be, to develop into a new "mythological" Federer, simply because the players will be ever more able to counter such development after the years of trying and analyzing - much in the same way we actually never had "baby Sampras" continuing his "dad's" domination.)

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Djokovic is also known as a "baby Federer" although I don't think he is. Actually I think Djokovic's and Murray's styles are somewhat similar except that Djokovic is better at the moment and easily more aggressive. Murray, however has more variety in his game. I think when he puts it all together he'll definitely be a strong contender for slams. I think Murray has a chance to be top 5 this year.

1 - 20 of 405 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.