Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The media are going to attack Amelie Mauresmo, even though it isn't her fault Murray lost today! Andy Murray just encountered a hot young player in Grigor Dimtrov full of confidence. Grigor is HUNGRY he WANTS success and he is a very talented player. Grigor played like a champ today very impressed with his victory.

Amelie I feel is a calming influence to Andy Murray but I feel Andy needs to kick in the butt! Murray I feel lost the motivation after he attained his life long goal of winning Wimbledon. Andy will be disappointed losing so early in the quarterfinals BUT I think Andy should continue working with Amelie. There is still one slam left the US OPEN and I think Andy has a shot at winning the US OPEN.

BUT I feel Andy really needs to find the motivation again, perhaps losing to Dimitrov will spark it?

I hope Andy and Amelie continue working together I feel she really can help him.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He will keep her
I hope Andy does keep Amelie has his coach he clearly needs guidance. I know Andy is going to be very disappointed about not defending his Wimbledon title. But I hope Andy and Amelie continue working together. Andy seems to like Amelie in her presence he says she is a calming influence. Andy also said he wants to impress Amelie. Well this performance today is not going to impress Amelie, but I hope Amelie can spot somethings that Andy needs to improve upon.

·
Registered
10,407 Posts
I love the illogic of the Mauresmo apologists. If Murray had won Wimbledon, it would have been heralded as a great success for her as a coach. Now that he loses, though, it is not her fault. She is exonerated of any blame. You can't have it both ways. If she gets a share of credit for his victories, she also needs a share of blame for his losses.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I wouldn't give any credit either way, 3 weeks isn't long enough for a coach to change anything.

I can't tell you if she's any good or not until maybe she coaches him until the end of the year.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love the illogic of the Mauresmo apologists. If Murray had won Wimbledon, it would have been heralded as a great success for her as a coach. Now that he loses, though, it is not her fault. She is exonerated of any blame. You can't have it both ways. If she gets a share of credit for his victories, she also needs a share of blame for his losses.
You are the illogical one. Reread your post. It will come to you.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
I just completely fail to understand what she can bring to the table. Every video I've seen of them together on the court she's just standing about with a bemused expression that says "what the hell do I say to this guy?"

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
I just completely fail to understand what she can bring to the table. Every video I've seen of them together on the court she's just standing about with a bemused expression that says "what the hell do I say to this guy?"
That's not Amelie's fault. Most coaches would do the same with Murray :shrug:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
It´s not Mauresmo´s fault, she hasn´t been his coach long enough to make him or break him.

Having said that, Andy´s serve looked somehow really weird today. I only saw the last few games, but his ball toss, especially when serving to the ad-court seemed way off, and unusually low. Maybe they have tried to tweak it somehow, or maybe it was just an off-day. Or maybe it´s just me. But it did look a bit strange.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
It´s not Mauresmo´s fault, she hasn´t been his coach long enough to make him or break him.

Having said that, Andy´s serve looked somehow really weird today. I only saw the last few games, but his ball toss, especially when serving to the ad-court seemed way off, and unusually low. Maybe they have tried to tweak it somehow, or maybe it was just an off-day. Or maybe it´s just me. But it did look a bit strange.
Before Mauresmo was appointed I was hoping he would hire someone who could teach him how to serve (reliable FS and ATP worthy SS). Its become a serious liability.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
They've been working together for a month. Don't see why he would fire her unless it was a total disaster. Andy's performance today had nothing to do with poor tactical advice. He wasn't hitting the ball clean, kept feeding Grigor sitters in the middle of the court and the 2nd serve(which has been a problem his whole career) got punished.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Murray hates people

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
This whole Murray thing with the 2nd serve isn't going to change, it's always been a liability and it always will be, he's content with rolling it in.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts