• No

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet nobody expected Almagro would beat Nadal before Ferrer.
Will Niko beat another talentless hack ?? Their HtH is really ridiculous.:help: :lol: There are only mental reasons, no doubt.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I bet nobody expected Almagro would beat Nadal before Ferrer.
Will Niko beat another talentless hack ?? Their HtH is really ridiculous.:help: :lol: There are only mental reasons, no doubt.
If Gabashvili managed to do it, i am sure Almagro will do it as well eventually.

IMO Almagro is more talented than Ferrer but is mentally weaker

·
Registered
683 Posts
After the massive choke at the AO 2013, the chances reduced dramatically...

It's a tough matchup for Nico anyway, because of how well Ferrer aggressively returns his serve and makes him move. But there's a big mental barrier there as well. I think he'd have to draw him early at a clay court event to have a chance. Perhaps it will happen as Ferrer declines - but I wouldn't count on it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
LOL he doesn't deserve to win against Ferru after that disgusting and unbelievable choke last year. I and my brother were laughing like crazy watching that match. :haha:

·
Registered
683 Posts
I remember watching that match in disbelief in the early hours of the morning. Ferrer was playing so badly that I thought he'd definitely lose in straights but Nico clearly had other ideas! I was relieved at the result but even as a Ferrer fan it was tough to watch Nico choke so badly...

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I think he could. If he was healthy and in-form. It would have to be a best-of-3 match, though - I don't see him holding it together for best-of-5.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Who cares, I think even he doesn't care. :zzz:

He has finaly managed to beat Nadal (and on clay) which will be one of the best memories of his life. Finaly some revenge for all those humiliations (like triple breadstick in RG 2008 quarterfinal). It must mean so much to him, more like beating Ferrer 17 times.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Voted no because the win was asterisked :bigwave:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Almagro had to wait for the weak Ferrer era, but he finally got it done! :worship:

The only remaining thing we should see is Ferru beating Federer. No doubt David would have demolished Rog had they played at RG-13.
He got the chance at tired Fed in Cinncinati 2014 and failed. Fed on clay not good enough when not in form to reach Ferrer. In form Fed will beat him everywhere.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Almagro had to wait for the weak Ferrer era, but he finally got it done! :worship:

He got the chance at tired Fed in Cinncinati 2014 and failed. Fed on clay not good enough when not in form to reach Ferrer. In form Fed will beat him everywhere.
Cincy is on courts for ballbashing tennis. Ferru needs to face Federer in the fist half of the season where they play on slow surfaces.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Cincy is on courts for ballbashing tennis. Ferru needs to face Federer in the fist half of the season where they play on slow surfaces.
Ferrer is pretty good on the Cinci HCs though. With Fed's schedule I doubt they'll meet in the slow court season. Draw also often doesn't work out.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Ferrer just needs to be in Fed's 1/4 at RG after Fed hasn't played clay all season, with Fed having a cakewalk up til then, and surely he can't lose that

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
The TennisTV commentator just literally called Almagro's win asterisked :worship:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts