Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Espn, BBC, and other media write:

"A wildcard has been reserved for the former world no. 1 Andy Murray to play at the Queen's Club Championships in June but the Scot has been given time to confirm his participation, organizers said on Tuesday."

This is the main statement, but some additional information can be found for example here:

Andy Murray handed wildcard for Queen's Club Championships

Some of the headlines I read suggested his participation was confirmed, which would have been great news, but even the current vague news indicate some progress has been made.

It would be nice if Andy can quit on his own terms, but at this point, I think the main thing is that he can live without pain. Let's hope that the above news is a positive sign.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Espn, BBC, and other media write:

"A wildcard has been reserved for the former world no. 1 Andy Murray to play at the Queen's Club Championships in June but the Scot has been given time to confirm his participation, organizers said on Tuesday."

This is the main statement, but some additional information can be found for example here:

Andy Murray handed wildcard for Queen's Club Championships

Some of the headlines I read suggested his participation was confirmed, which would have been great news, but even the current vague news indicate some progress has been made.

It would be nice if Andy can quit on his own terms, but at this point, I think the main thing is that he can live without pain. Let's hope that the above news is a positive sign.
If he could play it's logical decision. Have no idea about Murray's situation at the moment though.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Andy has been pain free since his surgery, so he can come back whenever he wants. That said, the main problem is his level and fitness. If he can come back for Queens and potentially do well, then I’m thrilled. Otherwise, more time to get back in a rhythm is ideal. Whatever happens, I’ll be looking forward to when he comes back.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Let's hope he is well and he can play. That is all that it matters. I wish him luck. There is some hope but I don't know. As much as I follow tennis, it's hard to say.

Go Andy :).

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Andy has been pain free since his surgery, so he can come back whenever he wants.
Yes, but we don't know what that really means in terms of his tennis career.

If he is pain free while walking or jogging for the first time after a long while, that's great for his well-being, but it may not be enough to think about a comeback involving daily hours of on court practice.

The announcement about the Queens wild card is a nice message of encouragement, nothing more. I'm sure Andy will let them know in time if he can't play so they can give the wild card to somebody else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts