Main Draw
1 Quentin HALYS FRA
2 Maxime HAMOU FRA
3 Thanasi KOKKINAKIS AUS (TA)
4 Nicolas MAHUT FRA
5 Paul-Henri MATHIEU FRA
6 Lucas POUILLE FRA
7 Edouard ROGER-VASSELIN FRA
8 Frances TIAFOE USA (USTA Har-Tru Challenge leader)

Qualifying
1 Grégoire BARRERE FRA
2 Hyeon CHUNG KOR
3 Mitchell KRUEGER USA (USTA)
4 Jules MARIE FRA
5 Corentin MOUTET FRA
6 Guillaume RUFIN FRA
7 Johan-Sébastien TATLOT FRA
8 Calvin Hemery FRA
9 Constant Lestienne FRA

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.usta.com/Pro-Tennis/Pro-...rs_to_compete_for_2015_french_open_wild_card/
USTA Pro Circuit players to compete for 2015 French Open wild card
April 13, 2015 11:21 AM
By Sally Milano, USTA.com

French Open wild cards are once again at stake for players competing on the USTA Pro Circuit.

In the Har-Tru Wild Card Challenge, now in its third year, the American man and American woman who earn the most ATP World Tour and WTA ranking points at two of the three select USTA Pro Circuit clay-court events will earn main-draw wild cards into the 2015 French Open.

The challenge kicks off today for the men at the $100,000 Challenger in Sarasota, Fla., and will be followed by the $50,000 Challenger in Savannah, Ga., the week of April 20, and the $50,000 Challenger in Tallahassee, Fla., the week of April 27.

The women's challenge gets underway at the $50,000 event in Dothan, Ala., the week of April 20, followed by the $50,000 event in Charlottesville, Va., the week of April 27, and the $50,000 tournament in Indian Harbour Beach, Fla., the week of May 4.

All tournaments will be streamed live here. Fans can also download the USTA Pro Circuit app by searching “procircuit” in the app store to follow the action on their cell phones and other mobile devices.

Only Americans who did not otherwise earn direct entry into the French Open are eligible to compete in the challenge. The USTA and the French Tennis Federation have a reciprocal agreement in which wild cards into the 2015 French Open and 2015 US Open are exchanged.

Har-Tru Sports, the leading provider of clay tennis courts, is in its third year as title sponsor of the challenge. This year, in conjunction with the wild card challenge, Har-Tru is launching a new campaign to recognize court maintenance professions through the “Love Your Court, Love Your Game” campaign and contest with a cash prize. Har-Tru is also introducing “Court Care Professionals Day” on June 7. Click here for more information.

The USTA first used the wild-card challenge format for its 2012 French Open wild cards, won by Melanie Oudin and Brian Baker. Oudin and Baker each advanced to the second round at that year’s French Open and subsequently broke into the Top 100. In 2013, Alex Kuznetsov and Shelby Rogers earned the wild cards, with Rogers winning her first-ever Grand Slam singles match at the French Open. Last year, young American Taylor Townsend (pictured above) and veteran Robby Ginepri earned the wild card cards, with Townsend becoming a top storyline at Roland Garros by reaching the third round.

Information on the Har-Tru USTA Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge will be available at www.procircuit.usta.com, www.HarTru.com, and on Twitter through @USTAProCircuit and #HarTruWildcard.

The 2014 French Open main draw will be held Sunday, May 24, to Sunday, June 7.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
why not Millman? :sad:
Azza is right I think - Millman hasn't been in good form post AO due to injury and in any case is not good on clay.

The Kokk is a no brainer really - hot form and good on clay.

The problem is that Kubler should have received a wc for the AO as one of the highest ranking Oz players at the time, but hasn't played on hard for years and doctors advised against trying based on latest scans. It is possible that promises were made...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Azza is right I think - Millman hasn't been in good form post AO due to injury and in any case is not good on clay.

The Kokk is a no brainer really - hot form and good on clay.

The problem is that Kubler should have received a wc for the AO as one of the highest ranking Oz players at the time, but hasn't played on hard for years and doctors advised against trying based on latest scans. It is possible that promises were made...
Shouldn't Millmans heavy groundstrokes and kicker serve do well on clay?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Shouldn't Millmans heavy groundstrokes and kicker serve do well on clay?
Hasn't in the past, his win-loss is 2-6 on clay at challenger level, and best (and only) run in RG was Q2 in 2010. Did make it through qualifying at Munich in 2013 when he was around his best ranking, but lost in first round.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
No, from TA, if he decide play, definitely he gets WC from Tennis Australia, but I'm confident that Rusty will skip FO.
Yes can't see why he would play.

Not least because there would be enormous public outrage here in Oz if he took the wild card over DC hero/next and nicest tennis ace Kokkinakis!

·
Registered
11,826 Posts
Pouille will almost certainly get one of the WCs. I hope Halys is given one as well. He deserves it with his huge jump up the rankings this year.

I can see the Aussie WC going to Hewitt if he decides to play as this is his farewell year on the tour.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Pouille will almost certainly get one of the WCs. I hope Halys is given one as well. He deserves it with his huge jump up the rankings this year.

I can see the Aussie WC going to Hewitt if he decides to play as this is his farewell year on the tour.
Hewitt almost certainly a non-issue, but given that TA will presumably have to give him one for AO 16, suspect they would feel that was (more than) enough from them - his decision to embarrass himself by playing on another year, not theirs!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No, from TA, if he decide play, definitely he gets WC from Tennis Australia, but I'm confident that Rusty will skip FO.

^ This. If he wants to play, he has it. I think common sense will prevail and Kokkinakis or Kubler will get it. I think TA will hope Kokkinakis gets in with withdrawals.

Expect Jasika to get the QWC. That is a lock.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
MONSOON season.
81,993 Posts

IMO these are the main contenders for the French WCs, a mix of veterans and young guns (I think Roger-Vasselin and Pouille are locks):

Lucas Pouille
Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Nicolas Mahut
Paul-Henri Mathieu
Kenny De Schepper
Pierre-Hugues Herbert
Quentin Halys

Lamasine, Bourgue and Couacaud in with an outside shot.

I think Lokoli is out given his poor form this year. Herbert might suffer a similar fate though, since so many guys are vying for a few spots.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: Roland Garros Entry List (updated April 15, 2015)

If the qualifying list comes out next week, how does it work for the wildcards then? Are they announced only in may? So players can move from the qualifying list to MD eventually?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts