Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whats happened to James Ward, his not in qualifying and Joshua Milton has taken his Wild Card. I know he is playing Eastbourne so does this mean his been awarded a Wild Card into main draw or has he been force to withdraw because of Eastbourne.

I think it will be quite stupid of him to withdraw from Wimby qualies if he hasn't been awarded a Main Draw wild card considering his draw at Eastbourne isn't the best.

·
Registered
537 Posts
and 2 of the people who were probably deserving of WC's have to play in the first round of Qualies, Dancevic and Mahut:rolleyes:
Dancevic ok, but Mahut:(

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Mahut beat the hell out of Dancevic and you say Dancevic should receive a WC and Mahut not?:spit:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Whats happened to James Ward, his not in qualifying and Joshua Milton has taken his Wild Card. I know he is playing Eastbourne so does this mean his been awarded a Wild Card into main draw or has he been force to withdraw because of Eastbourne.

I think it will be quite stupid of him to withdraw from Wimby qualies if he hasn't been awarded a Main Draw wild card considering his draw at Eastbourne isn't the best.
Maybe he got Nishikori's WC (who reached MD with his PR).

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Maybe he got Nishikori's WC (who reached MD with his PR).
False: Nishikori was still on the main draw alternate list when it closed & is only in the main draw by wild card:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9910816&postcount=1

Ward was still playing in Eastbourne at the time of the Wimbledon qualifying draw so his wild card went to another player:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9910818&postcount=1

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I'm a bit confused here. Now that Ward is doing so well in Eastbourne, many here think/said he therefore will get a WC. But I thought there's no more WCs left, am I mistaken? Nalby has allegedly withdrawn (haven't heard any official announcement yet), so if his spot open up, does that give Wimby official another chance to award WC? or that spot will go to direct acceptance alternate (or LL if he withdraw after the draw)? Anyone knows?

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I feel like it's a crime if Ward doesnt get one now. Farthest a non Murray brit has gone in a tourney in five years I'd guess:lol:

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I'm a bit confused here. Now that Ward is doing so well in Eastbourne, many here think/said he therefore will get a WC. But I thought there's no more WCs left, am I mistaken? Nalby has allegedly withdrawn (haven't heard any official announcement yet), so if his spot open up, does that give Wimby official another chance to award WC? or that spot will go to direct acceptance alternate (or LL if he withdraw after the draw)? Anyone knows?
Late withdrawals are replaced by lucky losers, not alternates.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts