4. KUZNETSOV, Andrey RUS
5. NISHIKORI, Kei JPN
6. not awarded
7. not awarded
8. not awarded

Qualifying
1. GOODALL, Joshua GBR
2. SMETHURST, Daniel GBR
3. MILTON, Joshua GBR (replaces Ward, J.)
4. PHILLIPS, Morgan GBR
5. EATON, Chris GBR
6. RICE, David GBR
7. WARD, Alexander GBR
8. Evans, Daniel GBR (play-off finalist)
9. Cox, Daniel GBR (play-off finalist)

Doubles
1. MARRAY, Jonathan GBR/MURRAY, Jamie GBR
2. DELGADO, Jamie GBR/GOODALL, Joshua GBR
3. EATON, Chris GBR/INGLOT, Dominic GBR
4. BOGDANOVIC, Alex GBR/SLABINSKY, Alexander GBR
5. not awarded

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article7134522.ece
As the rankings stand, Bogdanovic, at No 161, is the only British male who could be recommended to Wimbledon for a wild card. Jamie Baker, the Scot who has done wonders to haul himself up the rankings two years after being struck down by a near-fatal blood disease, heads for the United States this week to try to get the points that will lift him the 13 places required to move inside the Wimbledon cut-off of 250.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Re: Qualifying Entry List (updated May 25, 2010)

why is it that andrey kuznetwov is only on the qualifying list as an alternate for wimbledon? i though that since he won junior wimbledon last year he got a spot automatically in the qualifying or main draw as a wild card

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
**Wild Cards for Wimbledon 2010 Announced**

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/pdf/WildCards_2010.pdf

Main Draw

Event 1: Gentlemen's Singles Rank of 10/05/2010
1. GABASHVILI, Teimuraz (RUS) (115)
2. KIEFER, Nicolas (GER) (154)
3. BAKER, Jamie (GBR) (268)
4. KUZNETSOV, Andrey (RUS) (277)
5. NISHIKORI, Kei (JPN) (345)
6. To be announced
7. To be announced
8. To be announced

Event 2: Gentlemen's Doubles Rank of 07/06/2010
1. MARRAY, Jonathan (GBR) and MURRAY, Jamie (GBR) (172)
2. DELGADO, Jamie (GBR) and GOODALL, Joshua (GBR) (364)
3. EATON, Chris (GBR) and INGLOT, Dominic (GBR) (377)
4. To be announced
5. To be announced

Qualifying

Event 21: Qual. Gentlemen's Singles Rank of 24/05/2010
1. GOODALL, Joshua (GBR) (306)
2. SMETHURST, Daniel (GBR) (343)
3. WARD, James (GBR) (360)
4. PHILLIPS, Morgan (GBR) (410)
5. EATON, Chris (GBR) (468)
6. RICE, David (GBR) (486)
7. WARD, Alexander (GBR) (613)
8. Wild Card Play-off’s
9. Wild Card Play-off’s

·
Registered
234 Posts
Re: Wimbledon 2010 Wild-Cards.

Davai Teimuraz!! :yeah:

·
Registered
537 Posts

Good luck to Kiefer and of course Nishikori, glad they got one of the tickets ;)

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

i wonder if they'll give dimitrov a wild card

and then daniel evans and alex bogdanovic i think would be the other 2 choices

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Evans does not deserve a WC. His results have not shown a level equipped to play a GS.

Boggo could get one, or they may opt to go with a bigger name in qualifying. Boggo is pretty old now and has NOT had a season that truly jumps out as deserving for a WC. Just because he's British doesn't automatically mean he deserves a spot in the draw. Beating Dimitrov and then Feli this week will go a long way.

They may opt for a younger guy whose less proven and been on the scene a little less than Evans has. I don't really know their situation to much so someone else can describe the UK situation and maybe a junior or young guy who could get one.

Honestly, if I were them, I would give the WCs to someone like Mahut, then Berankis/Harrison/Tomic/Paire etc. Go a veteran and 2 young guys, or 3 young guys, or 2 veterans and another youngsters. They may as well just go best talent and excitement available if they don't have any options from their own country.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

Evans does not deserve a WC. His results have not shown a level equipped to play a GS.

Boggo could get one, or they may opt to go with a bigger name in qualifying. Boggo is pretty old now and has NOT had a season that truly jumps out as deserving for a WC. Just because he's British doesn't automatically mean he deserves a spot in the draw. Beating Dimitrov and then Feli this week will go a long way.

They may opt for a younger guy whose less proven and been on the scene a little less than Evans has. I don't really know their situation to much so someone else can describe the UK situation and maybe a junior or young guy who could get one.

Honestly, if I were them, I would give the WCs to someone like Mahut, then Berankis/Harrison/Tomic/Paire etc. Go a veteran and 2 young guys, or 3 young guys, or 2 veterans and another youngsters. They may as well just go best talent and excitement available if they don't have any options from their own country.
Honestly i like the idea of giving berankis a wild card, i think he definately deserves one. I would like to see grigor dimitrov get a wild card but thats just the fan boy in me and i know he wont.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts

Would love to see Krajinovic get a WC, unlike the other youngsters he hasn't even been in a GS yet :(

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Honestly i like the idea of giving berankis a wild card, i think he definately deserves one. I would like to see grigor dimitrov get a wild card but thats just the fan boy in me and i know he wont.
Ricardas just won Nottingham, so he should get one. I would be surprised if he didn't. Thinking more about it now, I'd be pretty upset if Boggo gets one, because he's never done anything with it and he's like 26 or 28, something like that. He doesn't deserve a WC and in any other GS event he wouldn't be considered. The standards would be low if he gets one.

I think another young guy like Harrison or Tomic should get one too. Someone whose young and deserves a shot, and has a legitimate chance of winning.

Mahut deserves one too. And I think Kei might end up making the MD automatically, which would create another opening. Maybe someone like Levine or Ball or Muller could end being another veteran with one.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts

Nice to see Gabashvili getting rewarded. Not sure about Kiefer...

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

Ricardas just won Nottingham, so he should get one. I would be surprised if he didn't. Thinking more about it now, I'd be pretty upset if Boggo gets one, because he's never done anything with it and he's like 26 or 28, something like that. He doesn't deserve a WC and in any other GS event he wouldn't be considered. The standards would be low if he gets one.

I think another young guy like Harrison or Tomic should get one too. Someone whose young and deserves a shot, and has a legitimate chance of winning.

Mahut deserves one too. And I think Kei might end up making the MD automatically, which would create another opening. Maybe someone like Levine or Ball or Muller could end being another veteran with one.
im not crazy about harrison or tomic getting one and i dont understand why gabashvili has one when he doent even need it

shouldnt they fix that?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts