4 Mannarino, Adrian FRA
5 Odesnik, Wayne USA (USTA)
6 Prodon, Eric FRA
7 Patience, Olivier FRA
8 Smeets, Robert AUS (TA)

Qualifying
1 Balleret, Benjamin MON
2 Dasnieres de Veigy, Jonathan FRA
3 Ignatik, Uladzimir BLR (2007 Roland Garros boys' singles champion)
4 Jeanpierre, Julien FRA
5 Paire, Benoit FRA
6 Piro, Stephane FRA
7 Rodrigues, Mathieu FRA
8 Rufin, Guillaume FRA
9 Sidorenko, Alexandre FRA

Doubles
1 ASCIONE FRA/SERRA FRA
2 EYSSERIC FRA/MANNARINO FRA
3 PRODON FRA/RECOUDERC FRA
4 MONFILS FRA/OUANNA FRA
5 GROSJEAN FRA/KUERTEN BRA
6 CHARDY FRA/GUEZ FRA
7 DEVILDER FRA/PATIENCE FRA

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
USTA wild card play-off entry list:
Jesse Levine
Wayne Odesnik
Ryan Sweeting
Sam Warburg

(round robin tournament in Boca Raton in May per Leif Shiras of Tennis Channel)

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Gaudio merece una.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Unless pitiful results these weeks, Kuerten is supposed to have one.
With five WC remaining, then, for French players,It does not make many chances for Gaudio, Coria or others.
Roger-Vasselin, Prodon for almost sure, Recouderc, Chardy, Devilder or Mannarino maybe, and young players helped by French Federation like Eysseric, too much contenders to let a chance for another non-French WC, I presume. Whatever I may think of that, having seen Gaudio win at Nice after a huge lunch, and Coria so magician at his time.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Unless pitiful results these weeks, Kuerten is supposed to have one.
With five WC remaining, then, for French players,It does not make many chances for Gaudio, Coria or others.
Roger-Vasselin, Prodon for almost sure, Recouderc, Chardy, Devilder or Mannarino maybe, and young players helped by French Federation like Eysseric, too much contenders to let a chance for another non-French WC, I presume. Whatever I may think of that, having seen Gaudio win at Nice after a huge lunch, and Coria so magician at his time.
You forgot Patience. Good run last year and top 120, i'm pretty sure he will get one.
Hard to tell who deserves the most the others... agree for the rest of your list. Next challengers will be important.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Coria is #3 on the alternates list with his protected ranking, he probably won't need a WC anyway *if* he wants to play there.
It will be close for Gaudio, but I wouldn't rule it out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You forgot Patience. Good run last year and top 120, i'm pretty sure he will get one.
You are right, and Olivier Patience didn't deserve me to forget him ! I wish him a WC as I always saw him behaving well, even a few years ago in my Paris suburbs like LePlessisRobinson or Montrouge for local tournaments!
I forgot Montcourt too, but he, as Haehnel, doesn't seem in such a condition nowadays to be among the top remaining French contenders.
And ... well done for Cherbourg and what I read about from you on another site ;*)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
no wildcard for verkerk in maindraw, Maybe qualies for a former finalist on his way back

3,170 Posts
What about Mariano Zabaleta?

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=550002
Tennis Week
USTA Hosts Tournament For French Open Wild Cards
By Tennis Week
4/29/2008 8:23:00 PM

The road to Roland Garros will wind through Boca Raton for some young Americans.

The USTA is hosting playoffs this week to award a men’s and a women’s singles main draw wild card to the 2008 French Open. The wild card tournaments will take place on the clay courts of the Boca West Country Club in Boca Raton, Fla., April 29–May 3. The USTA and the French Tennis Federation have a reciprocal agreement in which wild card entries into the main draw at the 2008 French Open and 2008 U.S. Open are exchanged.

Four players will compete for the men’s wild card: Jesse Levine, 20, of Boca Raton, Fla.; Wayne Odesnik, 22, of Weston, Fla.; Ryan Sweeting, 20, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; and Sam Warburg, 24, of Sacramento, Calif.

Eight players are scheduled to compete for the women’s wild card: Lauren Albanese, 18, of Coral Springs, Fla.; Madison Brengle, 18, of Dover, Del.; Alexa Glatch, 18, of Newport Beach, Calif.; Jamea Jackson, 21, of Bradenton, Fla.; Melanie Oudin, 17, of Marietta, Ga.; Ahsha Rolle, 23, of Miami Shores, Fla.; and Coco Vandeweghe, 17, of Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., are confirmed.

Asia Muhammad, 17, of Las Vegas, Nev., withdrew due to injury today. The status of her replacement is to be determined, according to the USTA.

The men’s playoff is a round robin format and will begin on Tuesday, April 29 and conclude Thursday, May 1. The women will be divided into two four-player round robin groups. The winners from each group will play each other to determine the wild card. The women’s event is scheduled for Wednesday, April 30 – Saturday, May 3.

© 2007 Tennis Week

·
Registered
11,918 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
http://www.usta.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=549963

Winners on Day One of the men's round-robin event include Jesse Levine, who defeated Sam Warburg, 6-7 (7), 7-5, 6-4, and Wayne Odesnik, who won after Ryan Sweeting retired in the third set of their match with a lower back injury. The score when he retired was 4-6, 6-3, 3-0.
On Wednesday, Warburg will face Odesnik, and Levine will take on Sweeting in the second.

·
Registered
127 Posts
USTA wild card play-off entry list:
Jesse Levine
Wayne Odesnik
Ryan Sweeting
Sam Warburg

(round robin tournament in Boca Raton in May per Leif Shiras of Tennis Channel)
First results : Levine d. Warburg 67 75 64 ;
Odesnik d. Sweeting 46 63 30 rd. (lower back injury).
Today : Levine vs. Sweeting ; Warburg vs. Odesnik.

·
MONSOON season.
82,480 Posts
http://www.usta.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=549963

Winners on Day One of the men's round-robin event include Jesse Levine, who defeated Sam Warburg, 6-7 (7), 7-5, 6-4, and Wayne Odesnik, who won after Ryan Sweeting retired in the third set of their match with a lower back injury. The score when he retired was 4-6, 6-3, 3-0.
On Wednesday, Warburg will face Odesnik, and Levine will take on Sweeting in the second.
:( Sam

:sad: Ryan

Odesnik should have this WC in the bag, IMO.

·
MONSOON season.
82,480 Posts
Chardy, Mannarino, Prodon, Patience, Roger-Vasselin seem to be certainties, really.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts