Mens Tennis Forums banner

Wich final you wish to happen the most?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this table you can see all GS finals in wich big 4 contested against each other.
Nole and Rafa are the only ones that played in all of them.
Nole-Andy, Fed-Rafa and Fed-Andy have played in all but one.
Nole and Fed played only two, while Rafa and Andy player zero.

If i made some mistakes in the table, pls correct me.

PS-I don't care if Big 4 still exist or if it ever existed. I was just wondering about possible finals between four most succesful players in past ten years or so.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Neither of these seem all that appetizing at the moment..

Murray-Djoko at RG MAY be ok, but I think Djokovic would routine that. Federer/Murray RG would be pretty open but just doesn't seem right for a clay court final.

Best matchup is probably still Djokovic-Federer on the faster courts (Wimbledon/USO). Murray vs either may also be nice.

Would have loved to see Nadal/Federer in 2010 or 2011 at USO, but I think it will be highly dissapointing if they play now (just the overal level would not come close).

·
Registered
16,880 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Prime-to-prime... Nadal/Murray at Wimbledon, Nadal/Federer at the US Open, and Federer/Djokovic at the French Open.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
This, and not later than this September so that no age excuse from Fed fans.
Why not later than this September? As if there is a massive difference between 34 and 35 years of age?

Anyway the fact is we have missed the boat on all these finals. Federer and Nadal have heavily declined and can't be expected to be competitive against prime Djokovic/Murray, who started to peak half a decade after Federer and Nadal did.

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts