Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy's antics may be funny sometimes but the truth is he is a disgrace to the sport.

After tanking his singles match his behaviour was no better in the doubles match. He served with 50 MPH, didn't move his feet (so his poor partner Cuevas who actually tried had to cover his side as well) and just didn't give a damn.

If he doesn't get a fine for lack of best effort on this one ...

But why on Earth is ATP so stupid and doesn't take this loser off its front page? Ridiculous.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
This guy's antics may be funny sometimes but the truth is he is a disgrace to the sport.

After tanking his singles match his behaviour was no better in the doubles match. He served with 50 MPH, didn't move his feet (so his poor partner Cuevas who actually tried had to cover his side as well) and just didn't give a damn.

But why on Earth is ATP so stupid and doesn't take this loser off its front page? Ridiculous.
:spit: Is this for real? Did you see this live?

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I also watched the end of Fognini's doubles match and it was a joke, I felt sorry for Cuevas...
That was almost no effort at all from Fognini.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Perhaps Fabio should be severely fined? If he does this again, he should then be banned for a extensive period of time and receive a second severe fine. He seems to need professional psyco help and attitude adjustment.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Like I said in the match thread...ATP really needs to say something to him if not fine him. What a clown and joke of a professional player.

Nothing wrong with losing 6-0 if you simply get beaten by a better player, but he's just showing his lack of trying and making it look so obvious. :facepalm:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Perhaps Fabio should be severely fined? If he does this again, he should then be banned for a extensive period of time and receive a second severe fine. He seems to need professional psyco help and attitude adjustment.
And then close de tennis...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I don't remember the last time a player was fined for lack of effort but Fognini is the poster child for this.

·
23,064 Posts

That is...if he doesn't put his effort in his singles matches, then that is his problem. But not helping someone in your Doubles Matches, just because you feel emo and not "feeling it". You have the responsibility to that person and that is just not right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts