Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
What kind of guy has Horacio Zeballos as their favourite player of all time? I'm just curious to get to know you better Marvin((

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the time I thought. There's only me
Crazy in a way that no one else could be
I would have given everything I own
If someone would have said, you're not alone

All the time I thought, that I was wrong
Wanting to be me, but needing to belong
If I had just believed in all I had
If someone would have said, you're not so bad

All the time, all the wasted time
All the years, waiting for a sign
To think I had it all
All the time

All the time I thought. There's only me
Crazy in a way that no one else could be
I can't believe that you were somewhere too
Thinking all the time there's only you

All the time, all the wasted time
All the years, waiting for a sign
To think I had it all
All the time

It's about me...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of guy has Horacio Zeballos as their favourite player of all time? I'm just curious to get to know you better Marvin((
I can say only one think wich 100% truth: life is absolutely unhonest and I don't need any explanation about reasons of this(

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Marvin did you know that in 2013 Horacio Zeballos was the #8 seed at the Abierto Mexicano? 😎

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,294 Posts
Marvin did you know that in 2013 Horacio Zeballos was the #8 seed at the Abierto Mexicano? 😎
Zeballos did beat Nadal in a claycourt final in 2013, so there's that.

·
54,294 Posts
View attachment 359114
What a moment. 😂
Thanks for this, was enjoyable to watch again. Them slices from Zeballos, sexy stuff.
he really surprised Nadal with some of his shots and gave him a bit of his medicine with those insane FH angles in the final game. Nadal wasn't bad either but Zeballos just found a way.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Zeballos did beat Nadal in a claycourt final in 2013, so there's that.

@ 18:12 @Johnny Groove might like... Was also marvelling at Nadal's percect slide at 0:35... Half a service box long, just enough to get a perfect touch without touching the net. I wonder if there's a YT compilation of best slides, have to check...

Zeballos pulled some beautiful short angles in those highlights

·
54,294 Posts
back on topic, it is hard but principally you have to remember you were a tennis fan to start with.
I know Kei's best days are well behind him, and he could well retire soon. It's been tricky to watch some of his dud matches of late. But there will still be good tennis around and players to watch.

Before I followed Kei I enjoyed a variety of different matches on TV. I remember staying up late to watch Nadal vs Verdasco AO 2009. I also remember Kohli's 5 set win over Roddick at the AO in 2008.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Why do you keep calling other posters with other names? You call Sombrerero loco all sorts of misspelled names and you call Malvin Marvin. Is it supposed to be funny?

·
54,294 Posts
But according to wiki that was the only singles title he ever won and he's 35 now, so don't get carried away in admiration of an Argentine superstar.

The Big 4 in Argentina sport: Maradona (rip), Messi, del Potro and.... Zeballos?.

Not getting carried away at all. It would still be a huge thing in the memory lane to tell your grandkids about, besting the king of clay in a final.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Not getting carried away at all. It would still be a huge thing in the memory lane to tell your grandkids about, besting the king of clay in a final.
Highest point on anyone's career.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
And to be honest you will have to add: a 40% out of form King of Clay in recovery after a serious injury in 2012,

1 - 20 of 47 Posts