Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
He probably wasn't bad? Looking at the scores, Nadal destroyed everyone but gluten No1e in that FO. Someone actually won less games than Federer did.

But also, even in the 2005 and 2006 FO, Federer wasn't Nadal's toughest test. It was Mathieu and Puerta. Nadal beat Federer easier than those 2, so. I don't think it's because Federer was bad. He just isn't good enough against Nadal and he's not that good on clay.

·
Registered
611 Posts
2011 ATP Finals. Why was Rafa so bad? Roger gifted him three games in the first set, then he thought, 'this is boring", and fed Rafa a donut. Fast forward to 2017. Rafa loses four times in a row. To expect better results would be wistful. Never mind, perhaps Rafa can squeak his way though some HC games to be beaten again by Roger...:|

·
Registered
709 Posts
He just isn't good enough against Nadal and he's not that good on clay.
Can we please stop with the myth that Federer isn’t good on clay? He’s excellent on the surface and has 6 or 7 titles. There is one and only one reason he doesn’t have more, and that is Nadal.

He was the second-best clay courter during his prime bar none, that’s why the H2H with Nadal seems lopsided. He was making all the clay court finals while Dull was getting bounced in the HC tournaments until 09.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Nadal was insane
Federer was mentally destroyed against Nadal on gravel at that point
Federer played a terrible match anwyays for whatever reason

Thats pretty much it, it happens. He played one really bad GS final in his career pretty much and happened to be against the worst possible opponent.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Maybe after he got broken in the second he just didn't believe, he's lost to him already there in closer matches, so to believe you can win this time, from a set and break down might have been too much. It's easy to say he shouldn't have thought this way but Nadal's intensity was intimidating.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
Where did I say he isn't good? I just said he's not THAT good. He never won Rome or MC, never beat Nadal on slow clay, etc.
and nole never won cinci and even got a bagel from fed there so he is not THAT good on HC

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Since there are not many matches GS finals where finalist was trashed like that , I thoroughly enjoyed , media , arrogant one and his fans -In your face

·
Registered
206 Posts
On Philippe Chatrier, Nadal has the ability to produce scorelines that make very good clay court players look ordinary, as we've also seen in the finals against Wawrinka and Thiem in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Nadal's 2008 Wimbledon win owes a lot to that 2008 demolition of Federer at the French. Nadal was already in Federer's head, but that demolition truly left some serious scars, scars which lasted a long time. Kind of amazing how Federer managed to turn things around over the last few years. I don't remember the last time Nadal beat either Federer or Djokovic off clay. It must be close to 5 years surely :scratch

·
Rankings Master
15,649 Posts
He probably wasn't bad? Looking at the scores, Nadal destroyed everyone but gluten No1e in that FO. Someone actually won less games than Federer did.

But also, even in the 2005 and 2006 FO, Federer wasn't Nadal's toughest test. It was Mathieu and Puerta. Nadal beat Federer easier than those 2, so. I don't think it's because Federer was bad. He just isn't good enough against Nadal and he's not that good on clay.
Say whaaaaaa...?

French Open: Ruthless Nadal crushes Djokovic to reach final

Enjoy the literature:

RG 08 SF: Nadal whips Djokovic 6-4 6-2 7-6(3)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Is that the final Teddy Forstmann owner of IMG allegedly bet on?? :0

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Nadal 2008 was his peak and the level he brought in was insane.
Secondly Nadal was in Fed's mind and Fed knew he is not going to win it.
Last but not least Fed's Mono meant he lacked stamina physically and Nadal in the finals mean mentally exhausted too.

All in all Fed just wanted to leave home, his level was not bad but he just didn't had it mentally nor physically to play any better.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts