Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Is To Blame For These Cowardly Tactics?

• Chokovic

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Pushovic NID

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Boris King Of Clay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swiss Army

Votes: 2 25.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On every big point, Djokovic was taking on his cross-court forehand, but then bunting his backhand into the open court, at a perfect height for Wawa to pummel another BH winner down the line.

Flat, hard CCBHs are the only way to take these winners away from Wawrinka, and yet Djokovic kept teeing him up and losing the points.

And even when trying to hit down the middle of the court to take the angles away from Stan, Novak didn't hit these balls with enough power to draw any big mistakes.

Not to mention his return of serve is looking worse and worse as the season goes on.

Who is to blame for these "tactics"?

·
Banned
923 Posts
Djokovic is pretty dumb tactically. His strengths are running really fast, grunting, and Serve and Volleying on break points :haha:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
honestly today was tough because Wawrinka's forehand was really awesome. I'm not sure if it's just that a lot of good backhands were setting up his forehand or what, but he hit a ton of forehand winners (Stan)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Djokovic is pretty dumb tactically. His strengths are running really fast, grunting, and Serve and Volleying on break points :haha:
The "dropshots" from Wimbledon 2013 final were back in force today. :worship:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Did you see Wawrinka's forehand today? It was out of this world. You can throw tactics out of the window when someone plays like that.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
honestly today was tough because Wawrinka's forehand was really awesome. I'm not sure if it's just that a lot of good backhands were setting up his forehand or what, but he hit a ton of forehand winners (Stan)
Yes, it was clear the Nole had to keep away for Stan's forehand, that's why I was surprised after going hard into the forehand on serves or early in rallies, he never punished Wawa in his "looser" BH corner to end the points.

He just set him up for flashy winners on the biggest of points.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts