Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Really bad final for overrated greak. I thought he know HOW to PLAY with Novak?!

Djokovic was slightly good (3+ level) but not smth special.

Djokovic: only 2 aces and 63% on first serve. Still won 53% on second serve.

Stefanos had 8 aces and have better first serve, won only 24% points on return.

He sooo bad on return for Top 5 and GS material!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Besides Novak being objectively much better player, maybe that has something to do with one my theory (just posted it in the Ruins).

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
H2H was 3-2 for Stef. Better???
so steff somehow magically is a better player than nole because he led the H2H (btw: official stats read 2-1 steff) before this match?
are you fucking serious??

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
All of Nextgen seems to be in a sophomore slump mode, one way or another. So maybe no breakthroughs from them this year.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
It surprised me.

All those critical DF's?

Did he even fend off a single BP today?

Very weak stuff.

Very weak and soft whenever he had a chance at 30-30 or deuce on return.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I feel like this question gets asked for almost every player not named Djokovic or Nadal. Maybe we need to change our definition of mental weakness or whatever that is.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Pretty good for the guru-brainwashed Serbinator. Sluggish start with bad forehands throughout the match, but the backhand set up tons of winners. A-
Head to head record only matters if you beat Federer. 15-40* is important in Slams!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I feel like this question gets asked for almost every player not named Djokovic or Nadal. Maybe we need to change our definition of mental weakness or whatever that is.
you don't understand!!! Tsitsi can beat Djokovic when he play good. I guess he still afraid of Novak in big matches (may be)...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pretty good for the guru-brainwashed Serbinator. Sluggish start with bad forehands throughout the match, but the backhand set up tons of winners. A-
Head to head record only matters if you beat Federer. 15-40* is important in Slams!
you' right! Brown and Karlovic are average players. Federe can lost such players but only 1 times no more (if even he lost ONE)!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Leave the mental aspect aside, they are all inconsistent in their shot-making abilities, except the Big 2.

"Consistency." Where is it?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Leave the mental aspect aside, they are all inconsistent in their shot-making abilities, except the Big 2.

"Consistency." Where is it?
you sure it's consistensy thing? Tsitsi is Shapovalov? Not, he is CONSISTENT! How often he lost to low-ranked players???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts