Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He seems a massive Djokotard, I head yesterday his commentary after the match in Eurosport and he called Djokovic game more "modern" and that Rafa body was old already in comparison. Seems a lot of British only consider winning Wimbledon as glorious and all the rest of tournaments as of lesser quality. He is himself a failure, considering the expectations his nation put on his shoulders and he never could deliver.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
He seems a massive Djokotard, I head yesterday his commentary after the match in Eurosport and he called Djokovic game more "modern" and that Rafa body was old already in comparison. Seems a lot of British only consider winning Wimbledon as glorious and all the rest of tournaments as of lesser quality. He is himself a failure, considering the expectations his nation put on his shoulders and he never could deliver.
He is correct in his assessment of the tournaments outside Wimbledon (Olympics excluded of course). Henman was an overachiever in the pusher era.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
I remember Henman and Andrew Castle being pretty transparent about wanting Nadal to win during their commentary of the Wimbledon 2018 SF... so I doubt he's a 'massive Djokotard'.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Henman has never lost a slam final, so it must be tough for him to stay humble.

·
11,117 Posts
He doesnt go to the net enough for tim's liking

Reactions: danieln1

·
Registered
46 Posts
He might be a Rafa fan and doesn't want to get his hopes up high by saying Rafa will have the most Grand slams. Almost like a jinx on Djokovic.

·
Administrator
9,550 Posts
Stay tuned folks for the next threads on MTF where Pat Cash diminishes Federer’s success again or Roddick can’t take Djokovic’s grass Slams seriously

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
I heard the same crap. He was talking about Rafa knees. When was the last time he had knee problems?
Yes he had his fair share of normal and strange injuries. But last 2 years maybe 3 things have beens calm.
As for his analises is just that. Everyone has their opinions. How many times has Mats changed his mind on the goat?Now its Rafa whos almost there. If Nole wins AO then Noles is the fav to surpasse Federer.

Reactions: alwaysfan

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
I dont know where i saw this. But i listen to Daniela Hantcukova. She had a nice remark.

Why not just give Rafa RG trophy until he decides to retire. No need to play it anymore. Found that funny.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts