Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why the tennis of nole hurts so much to rafa???

I am looking for some explanation of people that it plays the tennis or has many years of observing this sport or simply give his opinion.

my opinion is that Nole defeat rafa in his own game , that is to say to djokovic hasn`t troubles to be rally a lot of time with rafa and due to his great physical condition with many agility, speed and reflections it manages to unbalance the same nadal in his own game and other important factor is that the ball with very much effect of nadal(left-handed) and with high bouncing It does not hurt for anything to djoker, on the contrary him this game turns out to be comfortable and other important factor is his great two-handed backhand

On the other hand federer not having had this great physical condition of nole it cannot bear the rallies with nadal Because it ends up by despairing or exhausting due to the fact that nadal returns all the balls, Federer has neither the physicist and the characteristics to be rally so much time as if it does it nole....It ends up by becoming exhausted and throwing risky balls to finish the point and the majority fails.

and other important thing is the ball wit very effect of nadal and with high bouncing( left-handed too) to the one handed backhand of federer.

for federer it`s imposible win of the baseline and nole can do it because his physicall and tennis style.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's how you say:

- Djokovic has the current best backhand in the game, and can handle the cc forehand from Nadal
- He likes high bouncing
- He is stronger in longer rallies because of his physical improvements, so he can outplay Nadal (other guys had only a chance when they "outgun" Nadal)
- And he is in the form of his life

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Djokovic is more balanced, especially lately. Djokovic's backhand cancels out Nadal's forehand, and Djokovic's forehand is significantly greater than Nadal's backhand right now. On top of that Djokovic is a better returner, and probably serves better now as well.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Just rewatched the highlights of US2010. I recommend anyone to do it as well. Both played unbelievable. I dare to say both played better at that final than the whole 2011. But the level of Rafa dropped a lot more + the confidence is not there. That's it.

Reactions: GSMnadal

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
why the tennis of nole hurts so much to rafa???

I am looking for some explanation of people that it plays the tennis or has many years of observing this sport or simply give his opinion.

my opinion is that Nole defeat rafa in his own game , that is to say to djokovic hasn`t troubles to be rally a lot of time with rafa and due to his great physical condition with many agility, speed and reflections it manages to unbalance the same nadal in his own game and other important factor is that the ball with very much effect of nadal(left-handed) and with high bouncing It does not hurt for anything to djoker, on the contrary him this game turns out to be comfortable and other important factor is his great two-handed backhand

On the other hand federer not having had this great physical condition of nole it cannot bear the rallies with nadal Because it ends up by despairing or exhausting due to the fact that nadal returns all the balls, Federer has neither the physicist and the characteristics to be rally so much time as if it does it nole....It ends up by becoming exhausted and throwing risky balls to finish the point and the majority fails.

and other important thing is the ball wit very effect of nadal and with high bouncing( left-handed too) to the one handed backhand of federer.

for federer it`s imposible win of the baseline and nole can do it because his physicall and tennis style.
hahaahha. the question should be "why the tennis of nole hurts all of the professional tennis players so much?"
answer: Djokovic covers the court insanely well and hardly ever misses his shots; the only way to beat him this year is to really go for your shots and take away the time he has to get to them; unfortunately doing that has resulted in a lot of errors from opponents and opponents who refuse to try a dangerous and agressive shot selection hit far too passively enabling Djokovic to take control of the points and himself hit agressively

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
It has always hurt him to some degree, problem is these days he can't outlast Nole, hence the doubts, poor play on big points and lack of confidence in their last matches. That said, judging by his tired performance in Cincy, it might be a different story in the next couple weeks. Or maybe not.

·
Banned
8,385 Posts
Just rewatched the highlights of US2010. I recommend anyone to do it as well. Both played unbelievable. I dare to say both played better at that final than the whole 2011. But the level of Rafa dropped a lot more + the confidence is not there. That's it.
I have watched it couple times and Nole wasnt good, made alot silly mistakes he doesnt make in 2011.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's how you say:

- Djokovic has the current best backhand in the game, and can handle the cc forehand from Nadal
- He likes high bouncing
- He is stronger in longer rallies because of his physical improvements, so he can outplay Nadal (other guys had only a chance when they "outgun" Nadal)
- And he is in the form of his life
yes.

and nole can past hours in rallys with nadal and finally the same nadal fails!!!! before nole was much more agressive and like roger he made risk shots and fails, now he is a wall when he faces nadal and push nadal with his backhand and physicall condition

federer doesn`t like the long rallys with nadal , because his physic can`t keep the intensity and nadal destroy one handed backhand with his spin and high bouncing federer is not a regulary players in rallys is a 100% attack player , because that roger try to finish quickly the point and made high risk shot and many times he fails.

with nole, roger can keep rallys better because the shot of nole are planes and without the effect of spin and both are agressive players

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
His backhand is moonball-proof. :sport:

·
Registered
845 Posts
I agree with most of the people above, just there is another quality to Nole comparing the other Nadal opponents:
He is not afraid to attack his forehand !!!

As Nadal's forehand is his biggest weapon many other players don't dare to attack it because usually he counter punch it (either cc or dtl), so they attack backhand (when able to) which is again very good defensive shot (passing?) from Nadal. So it is somewhat different tactics from Nole which 90% of other players doesn't apply in their games - as a consequence Nadal is hurt there, therefore not confident enough in his best shot. Novak covers it perfectly - cc fh with excellent defensive/attacking cc bh, and fh dtl with counter fh cc using max pace of it.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree with most of the people above, just there is another quality to Nole comparing the other Nadal opponents:
He is not afraid to attack his forehand !!!

As Nadal's forehand is his biggest weapon many other players don't dare to attack it because usually he counter punch it (either cc or dtl), so they attack backhand (when able to) which is again very good defensive shot (passing?) from Nadal. So it is somewhat different tactics from Nole which 90% of other players doesn't apply in their games - as a consequence Nadal is hurt there, therefore not confident enough in his best shot. Novak covers it perfectly - cc fh with excellent defensive/attacking cc bh, and fh dtl with counter fh cc using max pace of it.
the great two handed backhand of nole is his best shot and neutralize abd hurts nadal`s forehand, his spin nothing can do with nole`s backhasnd

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
peak nadal was playing b level and double fault machine djoke who wasted time fighting federer and his losing fanboys 3 years ago.

djoke is now djoker - comedian, mimic learner and multilingual thinker with rubber body AND man in touch with his soft feminine side (good for volleys and stretches).

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
He defends as well as Rafa does for as long as Rafa does & can attack Rafa from both wings whereas Rafa can attack only with his forehand, forcing him to run around his backhand more often & so lose the battle for court positioning.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts