Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds like a strange question - but it really isn't.
Rafa is, undoubtedly, a living LEGEND of this sport.
He's a FIGHTER, and he'll DIE on the court if that's how it has to be (check AO 2012 final).
But we love him mostly because he's an honest person. WYSIWYG pretty much.

Question: "Rafa you like challenges... do you like that Novak exists?"
Rafa: "No... I like challenges, but I'm not stupid".

And that's it.
Same reason Serbia ADORES Delpo.

Shi*... I miss tennis so much. F*K you corona.

·
11,031 Posts
It sounds like a strange question - but it really isn't.
Rafa is, undoubtedly, a living LEGEND of this sport.
He's a FIGHTER, and he'll DIE on the court if that's how it has to be (check AO 2012 final).
But we love him mostly because he's an honest person. WYSIWYG pretty much.

And that's it.
Same reason Serbia ADORES Delpo.

Shi*... I miss tennis so much. F*K you corona.
Wait does Serbia really adore Delpo???

This is news to me.

Say they only like him because Djokovic has denied Del Potro from 2 slams and like 2 masters :ROFLMAO:.

Wimbledon 2013, IW 2013, Beijing 2013 , US Open 2018 .

Reactions: hammett

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

This is news to me.

Say they only like him because Djokovic has denied Del Potro from 2 slams and like 2 masters :ROFLMAO:.

Nope.
Delpo is "our people"... like Manu Ginobili, Kempes, Maradona, etc are. Pure heart, talent, fight.
If Delpo moves to Serbia, he'd be the "secretary of sports (or whatever he wants)".
Heck, he can be my son in law, if my daughter likes him.

And I suppose we like him because he's a good guy that had to go thru such adversity and still prevail and stand tall.

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
LOL.
Federer on the other hand would never admit any such thing because he knows he is superior at every facet of tennis except backhand, and it is only the 6-year age difference which allows Vulturvic to cobble a few Slams.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL.
Federer on the other hand would never admit any such thing because he knows he is superior at every facet of tennis except backhand, and it is only the 6-year age difference which allows Vulturvic to cobble a few Slams.
oh, just get off your "high horse" honey, because it's a little pony and the whole thing is cringy...
Federer is great, but he's 2nd, or 3rd fiddle.
This is between Novak and Rafa now.

Is it me - or the Fed fans are more and more proving to be party poopers?
Such a cringy bunch of losers.

Get OVER IT.

It was never to be, and it isn't.

Just let us have our fun, and we'll invite you to the party eventually, probably... I promise.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL.
btw - don't forget that Roger got half of his slams against Philipousis and Baghdathis and such...
Fed fans should all learn Greek and convert to Greek orthodoxy...
As soon as Novak and Rafa started playing - Roger couldn't win shi*.
because he's just not good enough... or not as good as Rafa and Novak.

·
6,477 Posts

This is news to me.

Delpo literally bludgeoned Nole out of the contest at Wimbledon 2013.
And I seriously doubt the OPs assertion that Serbians love Nadal.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Wat a delusional Djoker cult nonsense

The exact opposite was proven just this year when, for the first time ever in his career, Nadal denounced and shamed spectators who attended his match: namely Serbians behaving badly against him and others during the ATP Cup.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
btw - don't forget that Roger got half of his slams against Philipousis and Baghdathis and such...
Fed fans should all learn Greek and convert to Greek orthodoxy...
As soon as Novak and Rafa started playing - Roger couldn't win shi*.
because he's just not good enough... or not as good as Rafa and Novak.
'True tea' spilt.

Do not mind B&M, he/she is beyond help long ago but largely irrelevant, same as his/her fallen idol.

·
6,477 Posts

The exact opposite was proven just this year when, for the first time ever in his career, Nadal denounced and shamed spectators who attended his match: namely Serbians behaving badly against him and others during the ATP Cup.
Exactly.
Djoker fans do not cheer for Nadal.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Oh, that spiel again :)
Rafa can say whatever he wants - it's forgiven beforehand. Because he's "our boy".
Same goes for Delpo... There's no athlete that didn't, at least once, say something stupid after a loss.
Roger is a perfect example... Volumes can be written about his butthurt outbursts.

Anywho - Serbs like Roger too, but not nearly as much as we like Delpo and Rafa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because he wins almost every single time, and they simply know who can bring them extra money if they would bet on him, hah. Here is what I've discovered on the web ( https://www.tipleader.cоm/en ), pretty nice bookmakers service which have all the statistics for every match and game. Well, it helps a lot for every betting player.

·
Your visions will happen
48,541 Posts
Yes because he kept Federer records within reason

Only after Federer is dispatched will they turn on each other

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I think OP considers his own views a representation of an entire country or group of people. I am not Serbian, but judging by all the Djokovic fans who are on twitter, Nikola Jokic is wrong. Nadal may be seen as a lesser evil to Federer, but to say they adore him is a large stretch. I think they have empathy for Del Potro for everything he has has been through and because he and Djokovic are friends, but that's it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Most of us Serbians are unbiased analysts and objective fans of the game.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts