Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do people really think he has a shot?
USO is clealry nadal's worst slam. He may reach 4th or QF but he will likely crash out at the first power baseliner he will meet. Berdych, Youznhy, Blake, Gonzalez all outplay him on HC, especially on fast ones like USO.
Even if he does well at Canada and Cincy, its useless because fed will likely take USO.
And then the indoor season, we all know he does well at Madrid but only there, and Fed can play quite a few MM optionals like Basel and earn easy points. and of course Paris where has no points to defend( same goes for Nadal here)
Nadal has 1-100 odds to end season as #1...

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Shouldn't you be buying forehand grips?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Next year.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Come on now - Rafa is a wonderful all court player, and let me tell ye - he'll be back at Wimbly next year! :yeah:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Do people really think he has a shot?
USO is clealry nadal's worst slam. He may reach 4th or QF but he will likely crash out at the first power baseliner he will meet. Berdych, Youznhy, Blake, Gonzalez all outplay him on HC, especially on fast ones like USO.
Even if he does well at Canada and Cincy, its useless because fed will likely take USO.
And then the indoor season, we all know he does well at Madrid but only there, and Fed can play quite a few MM optionals like Basel and earn easy points. and of course Paris where has no points to defend( same goes for Nadal here)
Nadal has 1-100 odds to end season as #1...
how quickly you forget that he beat youzhny and berdych.... on grass!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
idiot.
Youzhny, Berdych, Blake, they are all much better on hardcourts than in grass.
but still, they should've overpowered and taken over nadal on grass but they still folded.

nadal will become #1, not this year, but eventually... provided he doesn't succumb to the "scrapper syndrome" like hewitt and chang

·
Registered
495 Posts
Tennis is a very long season. Nadal needs to prove he can be this good on US Summer Hardcourts/US OPEN and then the Indoor Hardcourt season. He has fallen off the last 2 years significantly. I'm not saying he will, but before anyone can overtake number 1 they have do it for an entire season. We'll see. Will be interesting.

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Rafa had a bad US Open Season last year, but in 2005 it was darn good.

Heck he won in Canada and in Madrid, he just didn't have a good US Open, I suspect he will do signifitcantly better this year than last.

I beleve he will win one of the Masters at the end of the year, and a US Open semi.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts