Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before starting this discussion, I must say I'm not fan of his playing style, neither I'm Canadian Fanboy.

It's general observation Milosh gets hated literally in every thread related to him, It's quite hilarious to see baseline rallies between posters here criticising him as Servebot and his Canadian fans defending him. :lol:

I've no problem for tons of hate coming but I've feeling it's Milosh is improving his game and posters here needs to take note.

Despite of his 1D serve dependent game, obvious movement limitations, inability to sustain in long rallies guy has made certain improvements, which at least I believe. Following points I would like to state in defence of Milosh-

* He knows his limitations in movement, weak ground game, and that's why he's smartly building his game around big serve. Not to mention his serve is one of the biggest weapon on tour.

* His forehand now have became more stable and very effective punishing short balls, I'd call it weapon since he runs around backhand too much, hits through IO/CC angles to end points quicker. It's not artistic but all hard work getting fruits. His forehand is still weak in rally though but he's quite versatile punishing short balls.

* Net Game: I believe he has gifted "Good touch", he troubled Djokovic a lot in Rome with his good volleys. Good overheads with obvious advantage of height.

* Slight improvement in movement.

* Using slices to avoid backhand mistakes.

* He always ridiculously calm under pressure, he has very good mindset.

* He's working well with Ljubicic, Piatti on every aspect of the game and he's gifted sport in Top 10 and on the verge of Top 5.

* Return game is fairly weak, it needs large improvements.

I'm not saying he's future all time great winner of 5-6 GS but guy is making hard work and leader of his generation currently with 6 titles and two consecutive QF at GS. No matter how he develops he's game will always be serve dependent, but he's making maximum use of potential and that's what athlete expected to do.

If guy like Murray gets GS success despite of years of criticism as pusher then why not Milosh? He has two very good weapons unlike waiting for Errors.

Let's see how Milosh goes if remains healthy, so far I'm happy new guy stepping in Top 6 rather than obvious failed faces like doorkeeper Ferrer, Fangirl Berdych, Choker Tsonga for years.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Re: Why so much hate to Miosh Raonic from MTF community?

Haircut /thread

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

the most hateable thing on Raonic is his record against Nadal
I think unstable backhand along with Moonballs of Factoradal and Factor's abnormal recovering abilities made it difficult for him. Has Mark Leanders explained this matchup?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts

I think unstable backhand along with Moonballs of Factoradal and Factor's abnormal recovering abilities made it difficult for him. Has Mark Leanders explained this matchup?
Nadal is a better player and Milos can only slice from BH.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

I don't hate him. He just disgusts me.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

I see, another poster who thinks not enjoying someone's game = hating

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

Before starting this discussion, I must say I'm not fan of his playing style, neither I'm Canadian Fanboy.

It's general observation Milosh gets hated literally in every thread related to him, It's quite hilarious to see baseline rallies between posters here criticising him as Servebot and his Canadian fans defending him. :lol:

I've no problem for tons of hate coming but I've feeling it's Milosh is improving his game and posters here needs to take note.

Despite of his 1D serve dependent game, obvious movement limitations, inability to sustain in long rallies guy has made certain improvements, which at least I believe. Following points I would like to state in defence of Milosh-

* He knows his limitations in movement, weak ground game, and that's why he's smartly building his game around big serve. Not to mention his serve is one of the biggest weapon on tour.

* His forehand now have became more stable and very effective punishing short balls, I'd call it weapon since he runs around backhand too much, hits through IO/CC angles to end points quicker. It's not artistic but all hard work getting fruits. His forehand is still weak in rally though but he's quite versatile punishing short balls.

* Net Game: I believe he has gifted "Good touch", he troubled Djokovic a lot in Rome with his good volleys. Good overheads with obvious advantage of height.

* Slight improvement in movement.

* Using slices to avoid backhand mistakes.

* He always ridiculously calm under pressure, he has very good mindset.

* He's working well with Ljubicic, Piatti on every aspect of the game and he's gifted sport in Top 10 and on the verge of Top 5.

* Return game is fairly weak, it needs large improvements.

I'm not saying he's future all time great winner of 5-6 GS but guy is making hard work and leader of his generation currently with 6 titles and two consecutive QF at GS. No matter how he develops he's game will always be serve dependent, but he's making maximum use of potential and that's what athlete expected to do.

If guy like Murray gets GS success despite of years of criticism as pusher then why not Milosh? He has two very good weapons unlike waiting for Errors.

Let's see how Milosh goes if remains healthy, so far I'm happy new guy stepping in Top 6 rather than obvious failed faces like doorkeeper Ferrer, Fangirl Berdych, Choker Tsonga for years.
Do you watch tennis ? Tsonga is probably one of the least choking player at Slams.
Also Jo, Berdych and Ferrer are all much better than Raonic, but I wouldn't be surprised if Raonic achieves more, because he will play in a weaker era than those players.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

His game is one-dimensional and boring - an eyesore. He himself is boring and lacking any character/personality/charisma. He has a punchable face. I don't hate him, but there is absolutely nothing I like about him and there is nothing about his game that I enjoy.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

No hate. I just think his game is boring, one-dimensional and cheating.

But obviously is his (and his team) full merit what is happening. Result of hard work and dedication.

·
Registered
218 Posts

His game is one-dimensional and boring - an eyesore. He himself is boring and lacking any character/personality/charisma. He has a punchable face. I don't hate him, but there is absolutely nothing I like about him and there is nothing about his game that I enjoy.
+1

1 - 20 of 237 Posts