Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does he has some problems with his skin? Is his t-shirt tied to his body?
I still cannot get why.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
He orders a size up. Rafa is the same way, he picks his butt because he orders a size down.

Can't understand why these two can't just order some clothes that fit :shrug:

·
Banned
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ If this is the problem, he's quite stupid :spit: I find it irritating to watch, and he could just buy a new kind of t-shirt.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
^ If this is the problem, he's quite stupid :spit: I find it irritating to watch, and he could just buy a new kind of t-shirt.
It's just a habit. Lleyton was the same way, he would fix his shirt, his hat, sometimes his socks before every point. Some players are just very ritualistic.

And actually this very common in other sports have you ever watched baseball before? Every guy has a little routine, fixing their gloves, their helmet.

In American football the quarterback always lick their hands before a snap.

Athletes are creatures of routine, muscle memory and trained and untrained habbits. Is what it is...

·
Premium Member
21,314 Posts
He orders a size up. Rafa is the same way, he picks his butt because he orders a size down.

Nope, it's what Fumus said. In some recent interview I read, Rafa said that there's no real reason for doing that, except that he "can't help it". Something like that :)

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's just a habit. Lleyton was the same way, he would fix his shirt, his hat, sometimes his socks before every point. Some players are just very ritualistic.

And actually this very common in other sports have you ever watched baseball before? Every guy has a little routine, fixing their gloves, their helmet.

In American football the quarterback always lick their hands before a snap.

Athletes are creatures of routine, muscle memory and trained and untrained habbits. Is what it is...
Agreed. In my high school days I would always touch my hat before throwing a pitch. I don't know why, I just did. One spring I was throwing indoors without a hat and without even thinking I reached to grab and looked like an idiot. I'm sure it gets exacerbated when you play tennis 6-10 hours a day.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
I was never into this routine sht but I understand it so it doesnt bother me. it is o.c. no doubt but not a 'disorder' of any kind. (except in extreme cases i guess).

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

lol

(whether you're being serious or not. different type of lol, but lol nevertheless)

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
I'm just joking :p

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
It may be just habit but it's also true that Andy's tshirt is way too big for him. Looks foolish.

I can understand about Rafa; If he gets a size bigger shorts, it'll be too big in the waist. Nike has no pattern to make shorts with a normal waist and an oversized butt :shrug:

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
because he has no brain and he couldn't grope rich publicity whoring girls (they aren't too smart either).

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
i like how he tugs at his shirt hahaha, it sort of reflects his personality like controlling and getting irritated over small things. totally works for him and it's not really annoying to watch, how is it his fault the camera closes up on him when he's using a town in between points and is on him 24/7

1 - 20 of 32 Posts