Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Surface and bounce
Madrid is easily faster than IW/MIAM. Nadal defense was atrocious in final. Will be much better at PC. Add to this giant bounce...He even lost to federer here once :eek:.
2. Match time
It was evening...You won't see evening matches (that late) in RG. Dry weather = Nadal's fh gets +100 to explosiveness
3. Stadium
PC is much more open and bigger, More open stadium=more windy conditions, which is good for Rafa's heavy shots. And Nadal will have more space at defense as well.
4. Bo5
No need to explain this.

Murray was good, he exposes nadal's sluggishness because most of balls were landindg to his comfort zone (low bounce) and Rafa had less time to answer. RG bounce + court space will take away those advantages from Andy. I can see Nadal struggling against Djokovic and maybe Murray only in cold (less than +20), cloudy day with high humidity. In normal conditions he will easily make HIS10RY. :worship:

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Someone just release the Djokovic beast out on the court already. To put all these Clayray, Nadal debates into perspective.

Reactions: 2MatchPointsDown

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I think it's another hit to Nadal's confidence, so it's relevant in that aspect. Also boosts Murray's.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Well, it didn't take long for this thread to appear :spit:

·
Registered
286 Posts
what the OP stated is correct, but yet, he has to improve his level of playing.. cause philip chatrier, ball bouncing, schedule of play count nothing if you play like this.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Even if Nadal broke a leg, its irrelevant.. if they allow him to Play RG with broken leg, he will win it.
He will just sit down on either AD/DEUCE side depending on serve, doing winners.
Sitting and screaming Vamos.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
The match being so deja-vu-ish similar to last year Madrid finals makes me think it is a pressure of home crowd above anything else.
Lmao at those considering Murray played well. He played badly. That kind of game won't win him 10 games in a RG match against Nadal.
Nadal could not find his range nearly all match long, playing terribly short most of the time. The only thing that actually amazed more is how impotent Murray is at dealing with short balls. Rafa putting a groundstroke after groundstroke into service box and all Murray could do is to keep rally going? Com'n..

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
The match being so deja-vu-ish similar to last year Madrid finals makes me think it is a pressure of home crowd above anything else.
Lmao at those considering Murray played well. He played badly.
He made hardly any errors and had great depth on his groundstrokes. Murray has never been amazing at putting short balls away.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what the OP stated is correct, but yet, he has to improve his level of playing.. cause philip chatrier, ball bouncing, schedule of play count nothing if you play like this.
It's fair to say that Madrid is not very comfortable clay court for Nadal...He had many so-so matches here before. Ferrer 2013, last year Nishikori, even in 2010 he was struggling against dolgo, almagro and fed. AT RG he can rely on his strengths...Murray was playing in court today, taking ball early...That's impossible task to do at RG and especially Chatrier...Even Djokovic got tired after 1,5 h of last final. beacuse handling NADAL'S TOP-SPIN in PC is very physical demanding...

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
The OP is correct, RG is very different to Madrid, but still Nadal is not playing well. Thats more important than any surface

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
1. Surface and bounce
Madrid is easily faster than IW/MIAM. Nadal defense was atrocious in final. Will be much better at PC. Add to this giant bounce...He even lost to federer here once :eek:.
2. Match time
It was evening...You won't see evening matches (that late) in RG. Dry weather = Nadal's fh gets +100 to explosiveness
3. Stadium
PC is much more open and bigger, More open stadium=more windy conditions, which is good for Rafa's heavy shots. And Nadal will have more space at defense as well.
4. Bo5
No need to explain this.

Murray was good, he exposes nadal's sluggishness because most of balls were landindg to his comfort zone (low bounce) and Rafa had less time to answer. RG bounce + court space will take away those advantages from Andy. I can see Nadal struggling against Djokovic and maybe Murray only in cold (less than +20), cloudy day with high humidity. In normal conditions he will easily make HIS10RY. :worship:
Rafa lost to Murray on purpose ... he was giving him confidence to take out Nole at RG. lol. Seriously though, if Murray somehow manages to beat Rafa in a slam, especially on clay, again, I might consider taking him off my "to not fly with" list.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts