Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the problem with MTF we don't seem to learn anything. Rio, Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Madrid and Rome are NOT Roland Garros and there is a HUGE difference between those tournaments and RG.

People still think that if Nadal does not win any Clay-court warmup title he is not in form, wrong as age takes on Nadal almost everyone with the weapons and a excellent day can beat this Nadal on clay in a best of three format but there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between beating Nadal on BO3 and BO5 on clay.

Nadal Clay Overall Stats :

333 Wins - 27 Loses = 92.5%

BO3 Format : 243 Wins - 26 Loses = 90.3%

BO5 Format : 90 Wins - 1 Lose = 99%

Since 2011 Nadal has been frequently losing on BO3 clay format but has always won Roland Garros.

Nadal CAN lose today and MTF will be in chaos hyping the new Clayray but even if Nadal lose Madrid and only makes 2nd Round in Rome he still is the favourite over EVERYONE including Novak for the French Open.

People would tell you Novak is in excellent form, is a bad matchup for Nadal, Nadal is losing to mugs etc etc. And all of this is true but at the end no one seems to understand how different is RG from the other clay tournaments.

As people here said when playing nadal the match is in your raquet then thats the main reason no one can beat him on Bo5, climate conditions, bounce, philippe chatrier court space, temperature + and Most importantly Nadal's Safe tennis Game you can't mantain your A level in a bo5 with those conditions against you. Just ask Novak.

If Rafael Nadal steps on court and participate in Roland Garros 2015 he will win it simple as that.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
It's game over for Nadal because Becker upgraded Novak's serve to the whole new levels. There will be no more double-faults on crucial points from Novak, he will easily hold his serve each game and all the pressure will be on Rafa's games:bigwave:

Soderling has left the blueprint how to beat Nadal at RG and Novak will kindly use it:wavey:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soderling has left the blueprint how to beat Nadal at RG and Novak will kindly use it:wavey:
Let's see what happen in RG this year but i can't go against Nadal, surely if there is someone who is going to beat him is Djokovic.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Of course he will. It will be like in 2011 when someone takes out Djoker and hands him the title. Well, Roger didn't hand it to him, he won it by a cheating MTO in the first set. But Luckdall will luck out as usual. No wonder RG is the least popular slam. When was the last good match there? Stan vs Gasquet?

·
|
15,914 Posts
Even after the Monte Carlo Final I was telling everyone that Djokovic has no chance of winning Roland Garros.
Its all Nadal, he is impossible to beat at RG unless he has a family tragedy (parents split-up in 2009).
Nadal can win TWICE as many French Opens as Borg.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Of course he will. It will be like in 2011 when someone takes out Djoker and hands him the title. Well, Roger didn't hand it to him, he won it by a cheating MTO in the first set. But Luckdall will luck out as usual. No wonder RG is the least popular slam. When was the last good match there? Stan vs Gasquet?
Who were you rooting for in RG-12 quarterfinal?:smoke:

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
That was during the changeover, not a timeout. It's Fed's own fault he capitulated after missing the dropshot.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Your total jealousy and hatred of Nadal is something to behold. You don't win 9 French opens in 10 years without being an amazing player on the surface. You just don't. If your favourite player had achieved the same feat we would never hear the end of it.

The author of this thread is spot on. Nadal is near invincible (IF HE IS NEAR HIS BEST) in a best of 5 at RG. All the excuses about luck and fluking it don't cut it. If you faves were so great they'd thrash Nadal 6 2 6 2 6 2. Year in year out it.

But they simply are not in his class on the surface. Deal with it and stop the excuse making...

·
Registered
889 Posts
Even as one of most ardent Novak fans I hate to say it but the stats and history back your case.

Nadal is a giant when it when comes to clay and he is an absolute monster when it comes to RG.

But you're not actually telling us anything new, we already knew about his dominance on the clay.

But you know what they say about records and streaks in sport? Eventually they have to come to an end. Maybe this year, maybe next year but one day Nadal will lost at RG and on clay and then it'll start to happen a lot more regularly.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Well the numbers dont lie, but they are to much history dependent.
More relevant numbers are Djokovices Paris-WTF-AO-IW-M-MC wins.. 30-2 current season.

·
Registered
596 Posts
If Rafa gets to Novak and plays at above 97% on Chatrier he wins.

If he is anything below that, Nole will walk it. He has been way to close in the past to write him off because of history.

Federer didn't keep on winning Wimbledon.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
It's game over for Nadal because Becker upgraded Novak's serve to the whole new levels. There will be no more double-faults on crucial points from Novak, he will easily hold his serve each game and all the pressure will be on Rafa's games:bigwave:

You are living in a dream world Soderling was the definition of a fluke. And only beat an underpar Nadal. Then got beat himself in the final by FEDERER. Notice Soderling never won a single French open. And I will say this clear. IF NADAL PLAYS DJOKOVIC LIKE HE PLAYED AGAINST BERDYCH YESTERDAY.

Then it's FO NUMBER 10 For the great one. To put it clear NOBODY BEATS NADAL IN THIS FORM ON CLAY, LIKE FORGET IT. MURRAY IS PLAYING GREAT YES. But watch what happens today.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Federer didn't keep on winning Wimbledon.
Problem for Fed was the opponents for him were much stronger on grass than say Nadal's opponents on clay.

Djokovic, Nadal and Murray are all either decent or very good on grass. On clay you have Nadal and maybe for a couple of years Novak but that's about it.

Federer was easier to beat at Wimbledon than Nadal is on clay.

But I completely agree with you on one fact, streaks always come to an end. The longer the streak, the more shocking the end.

·
Registered
596 Posts
IF NADAL PLAYS DJOKOVIC LIKE HE PLAYED AGAINST BERDYCH YESTERDAY.

Then it's FO NUMBER 10 For the great one. To put it clear NOBODY BEATS NADAL IN THIS FORM ON CLAY, LIKE FROM FORGET IT. MURRAY IS PLAYING GREAT YES. But watch what happens today.
Nadal against Berdych is like a whole different sport to playing Novak.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts

You are living in a dream world Soderling was the definition of a fluke. And only beat an underpar Nadal. Then got beat himself in the final by FEDERER. Notice Soderling never won a single French open. And I will say this clear. IF NADAL PLAYS DJOKOVIC LIKE HE PLAYED AGAINST BERDYCH YESTERDAY.

Then it's FO NUMBER 10 For the great one. To put it clear NOBODY BEATS NADAL IN THIS FORM ON CLAY. MURRAY IS PLAYING GREAT YES. But watch what happens today.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Yes but in the best of 5 it will make no difference. All you people who dislike Nadal are blinded by your hatred. Nadal is simply the greatest clay courter that ever lived. No one is even close. And the scary part is he is playing better now than he was this time last year.

It may be tougher than before. But get ready to make more excuses for Djokovic at the end of this years French open. I thought Djokovic had a good chance of winning myself. Until I witnessed the semi yesterday against Berdych. We are now looking at a hungry in form Nadal with an UNSTOPPABLE FOREHAND. Nobody and I mean NOBODY!!!! Can deal with Nadal when it's ALL WORKING. And right now it's all working GAME OVER FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Yes but in the best of 5 it will make no difference. All you people who dislike Nadal are blinded by your hatred. Nadal is simply the greatest clay courter that ever lived. No one is even close. And the scary part is he is playing better now than he was this time last year.

It may be tougher than before. But get ready to make more excuses for Djokovic at the end of this years French open. I thought Djokovic had a good chance of winning myself. Until I witnessed the semi yesterday against Berdych. We are now looking at a hungry in form Nadal with an UNSTOPPABLE FOREHAND. Nobody and I mean NOBODY!!!! Can deal with Nadal when it's ALL WORKING. And right now it's all working GAME OVER FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But you know what they say about records and streaks in sport? Eventually they have to come to an end. Maybe this year, maybe next year but one day Nadal will lost at RG and on clay and then it'll start to happen a lot more regularly.
Spot on, Nadal is already losing regularly on clay in Bo3 and eventually he will succumb at RG. That's why this thread is only mentioning Roland Garros 2015, it might be next year or the year after that but i can't see Current Nadal losing the French open this year.

I might be wrong and he might lose this year but if i have to bet on someone to win RG this year my money would be on Nadal.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts