Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that this thread is needed as a lot of people blindly hate another player without justifying there views. Let me know if you agree or think this is preposterous.

When people who play tennis and have invested a lot of time in it watch the pros play, they expect to see a high level of play. We root for who we believe to be more skilled, as it only seems fair and righteous that the more skilled player wins. But how do we decide who is the more skilled player?

For most tennis players, playing aggressive is the most important quality, unless they are completely outclassed (Those that feel that another quality, such as athleticism or mental strength, is more important will have a different opinion). We learn at a young age that the better player is supposed to be more aggressive. This is true in all sports. For example, the best boxer in the world isn’t going to take a bunch of punches. No, instead he is going to KO the opponent in the first round, taking matters into his own hands. Or, in Soccer (football sorry) Messi isn’t going to wait for the other team to make a mistake. Instead he is going to get the ball, march down the field, and score, and there is nothing you can do about it. That is what we find impressive, not the easy goal that falls right on his foot 5 feet from the net.

Now back to tennis, an attacking and fluid game is going to demonstrate more skill than a defensive game. Taking command of rallies or coming to the net is more impressive than waiting for your opponent to gift you the point.

Now in the case of nadal, his heavy topspin (creating large room for error) and athleticism is not very impressive to someone who appreciates aggressive tennis. We expect the player who has fought to create his own opportunities to win the match.

This is why people don’t like Nadal ^^^^^^. Couple that with his demolition of Federer (who has a very fluid and aggressive game) and there you have it, out comes all the hate.

Don't get me wrong, I respect rafa, he's a good sportsman and I love his fight. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't change a thing, but how he has warped tennis from something that is supposed to be about aggressive technique into a physical battle is enough to make the tennis gods frown.

·
Registered
766 Posts
This is why people don’t like Nadal ^^^^^^
Are you the representative of all these "people" :lol: You are mistaken if you think a bunch of trolls on an online sports forum constitute the "people". By any objective measure, Rafa is the second most adored tennis player worldwide after Fed. And for a good reason too, he is a legendarily good player and the biggest young prodigy tennis has seen since Borg.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you the representative of all these "people" :lol: You are mistaken if you think a bunch of trolls on an online sports forum constitute the "people". By any objective measure, Rafa is the second most adored tennis player worldwide after Fed. And for a good reason too, he is a legendarily good player and the biggest young prodigy tennis has seen since Borg.
Yeah I meant MTF people and those that have a lot a of background in the sport. Nadal's game is, while great, unorthodox and defies being aggressive and using technique.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I feel that this thread is needed as a lot of people blindly hate another player without justifying there views. Let me know if you agree or think this is preposterous.

When people who play tennis and have invested a lot of time in it watch the pros play, they expect to see a high level of play. We root for who we believe to be more skilled, as it only seems fair and righteous that the more skilled player wins. But how do we decide who is the more skilled player?

For most tennis players, playing aggressive is the most important quality, unless they are completely outclassed (Those that feel that another quality, such as athleticism or mental strength, is more important will have a different opinion). We learn at a young age that the better player is supposed to be more aggressive. This is true in all sports. For example, the best boxer in the world isn’t going to take a bunch of punches. No, instead he is going to KO the opponent in the first round, taking matters into his own hands. Or, in Soccer (football sorry) Messi isn’t going to wait for the other team to make a mistake. Instead he is going to get the ball, march down the field, and score, and there is nothing you can do about it. That is what we find impressive, not the easy goal that falls right on his foot 5 feet from the net.

Now back to tennis, an attacking and fluid game is going to demonstrate more skill than a defensive game. Taking command of rallies or coming to the net is more impressive than waiting for your opponent to gift you the point.

Now in the case of nadal, his heavy topspin (creating large room for error) and athleticism is not very impressive to someone who appreciates aggressive tennis. We expect the player who has fought to create his own opportunities to win the match.

This is why people don’t like Nadal ^^^^^^. Couple that with his demolition of Federer (who has a very fluid and aggressive game) and there you have it, out comes all the hate.

Don't get me wrong, I respect rafa, he's a good sportsman and I love his fight. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't change a thing, but how he has warped tennis from something that is supposed to be about aggressive technique into a physical battle is enough to make the tennis gods frown.
Should say "People who play recreational tennis". Nobody who plays tennis at a high level hates Nadal, because they all can appreciate that his "heavy topspin" isn't in fact a defensive tactic, but a high percentage play which puts as much pressure on his opponents' shots as Del Potro's flat forehand. No, he can't hit winners with it, but he forces more errors than anyone else.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should say "People who play recreational tennis". Nobody who plays tennis at a high level hates Nadal, because they all can appreciate that his "heavy topspin" isn't in fact a defensive tactic, but a high percentage play which puts as much pressure on his opponents' shots as Del Potro's flat forehand. No, he can't hit winners with it, but he forces more errors than anyone else.
Still, his heavy topspin requires less tennis technique and skill than it does athleticism. Hitting the ball with as much topspin as possible and hoping the opponent makes a mistake isn't exactly taking it to the opponent.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Surely you didn't mean it like this? Nadal probably hits the highest amount of FH winners on tour over a season these days, or at least up there. He might not produce as many blistering winners from behind the baseline as someone like del Potro, but he can work the point with it and find an opening for a winner. No one is more reliable at putting away short balls than Nadal with his FH.

Nadal's BH is limited in terms of its potential to generate winners, but his FH is up there with the best in that regard (along with being the best defensive shot in the game along with Djokovic's BH).

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
>has no respect for the game
>has annoying "superstitious" habits
>has disrespected multiple past greats, even an entire era
>claims he has an injury every time he loses
>still hasn't learned english or french even after all these years
>has a mobster uncle that influences every match
>secretly communicates with this uncle in important situations
>fist pumps at double faults, errors, etc.
>is best buddies with Federer but we all know it's only to let his guard down

·
Registered
18,092 Posts

Actually, it's the other way round. In tennis, the inferior player is the one who need to go out of his comfort zone and play a lot of low % shots to have a chance, the superior player can often just play within himself and win.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
9-2 vs Federer

9-3 vs Djokovic

7-2 vs Murray

He shatters the tards' dreams. That's why.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ever since federer cried in 2009, federer fans started hating nadal...here people = fed fans..

Nadal has millions of fans....only a few fed fans on the internet are maligning Nadal day in and day out.

Fed fans were in dreams that he is the only player that is going to be on top...Federer effectively used his marketing wing to push through this.
Later federer started provoking other players against Nadal.

Despite Nadals efforts of publicly respecting federer....these tards did not stop hating Nadal.

Federer stole the hard earned winning moment from Nadal.

He gained sympathy after 2009 AO final that lead to his easier draws and few more wins.

Even after observing that his fans are attacking Nadal due to this very reason....he never bothered to warn his tards.

Professional jealousy from both Federer and his fans is the main reason for this hatred.

If Nadal did not have this 23-10 overall and 9-2 record in grand slams with 14 slams, then federer fans would be actually praising Nadal for his game, will and what not.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
9-2 vs Federer

9-3 vs Djokovic

7-2 vs Murray

He shatters the tards' dreams. That's why.
Pretty much. The rest are just EXCUSES to justify the hate, not reasons. But that's ok, the more those losers hate, the more Rafa wins and bitchslaps their favorite players :devil:

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Ever since federer cried in 2009, federer fans started hating nadal...here people=fed fans..

Nadal has millions of fans....only a few fed fans on the internet are maligning Nadal day in and day out.

Fed fans were in dreams that he is the only player that is going to be on top...Federer effectively used his marketing wing to push through this.
Later federer started provoking other players against Nadal.

Despite Nadals efforts in publicly respecting federer....these tards did not stop hating Nadal.
Way, way before that. Ever since Rafa deprived Fraud of 2 CYGS (2006 and 2007) and denied him a 6th consecutive Wimbledon title (2008), the Fraudturds have been spewing irrational hate and using every excuse to hate Rafa. And he kept destroying Fraud and kept winning Grand Slam titles even though, according to the pathetic haters, he was going to burn out by the time he was 25 years old :lol:

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
hate a person just because he is weak in languages? He is a tennis player, he is only supposed to play good tennis, not to speak fluent English or French, which are not his mother language :confused:

as for secretly communicates with his uncle, i also saw Nole "talking" to his team a lot of times, not certain that he was not seeking advice ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Still, his heavy topspin requires less tennis technique and skill than it does athleticism. Hitting the ball with as much topspin as possible and hoping the opponent makes a mistake isn't exactly taking it to the opponent.
This itself indicates you don't know anything about tennis.
Just another attempt to divert people that hatred is not by fed fans.

Top spin or any other skill without having technique, how any player can perform.

He doesnt hope that other player makes mistake...its a myth created by none other than the fed fans....all his great shots are returned by other great players like djokovic.

If Nadal had started in 2003, he would have closed the points on those great shots very quickly.
Its just that a lot of great returners are there now....every shot is returned and thats why federers weak game is exposed by all the current generation players.

·
Registered
821 Posts
90 percent of the above actually applies to Federer.

Disrespecting others is federers main habbit.

Federer fans are the ones who were telling that Nadal cannot sustain long due to his injuries....and now say no injuries...conflicting and spinning the context

Why should he learn other languages...whatever he has ..just enough.

Federer fist pumps on double faults, errors too. Every player does this...because its a winning point.

Federer is the one who backstabs all the time by acting as friends.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Slow play, faking injury with mto on opponents serve, illegal coaching during match and cheating in every way that can be observed. Many suspect their might be hidden cheating.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
Cheating
Gamesmanship
Disrespect for the game and past greats
Feels the ATP and ITF should cater to his needs
Fake personality
Can't admit he is the favourite and take that role
Leaves the vice-presidency of the players council after his self-benefiting measures (2 year ranking and shorter season) are thwarted
Constant BS from him and his camp on the media

Dull is hated by fans from every player base. Dull is hated by fans of players other than the Murray. Novak and Roger. Dull is hated because he should be. What's stupid and idiotic is not hating him. He has hurt the game and its past greats.

1 - 20 of 315 Posts