Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
because he breadsticked and straight setted him few years ago. only the second player to beat Rafa at RG. people had every right to predict a Nole victory.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Also Nole's form in the 5th set against Tsitsipas was scary.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It’s because Djokovic humiliated Naduck at the Australian open final this year. That was so embarrassing that Naduck cried in the lockerroom afterwards. It caused him to stay up late worrying about their next matchup, which is the only reason why Naduck is balding tremendously.

PS congratulations Rafa on your #20th slam!!! Woooo hoooo

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Simple answer to simple question: because some people are dumb.
I don't think people are dumb, they just lack objectivity. I mean, only a Djoker fanatic would have picked Djoker to win this. I am as objective as anyone on here, and my predictions often come true because I'm not a fanatic of any player. Anyone who has seen Djoker on clay over the last three years knows his clay game has gone backwards. Nadal has not really gotten better or worse on clay. He is still Nadal.

·
Registered
17,608 Posts
What does Thiem have to do with anything? Thiem vs Djokovic is not Nadal vs. Djokovic. Those are two completely different match ups.

·
Registered
549 Posts
....Djoker is still the best and super genius, whether you like it or not! It doesn’t matter if you’re his fanboy...

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Because we are tennis fans/tards discussing in a board, If we all had the same belief in Nadal's dominance, this would be pretty boring . Every year the same Dance , the same reality check . And that's not bad .

·
Registered
506 Posts
What does Thiem have to do with anything? Thiem vs Djokovic is not Nadal vs. Djokovic. Those are two completely different match ups.
Well I think his point is Thiem usually handled Novak at RG the last few years and yet Thiem has been dominated at RG by Nadal the last few years at RG. So if Novak can't beat Thiem at RG why in the world would anyone think he could beat Nadal. But anyone matchups don't really work that way but his point is valid.

Anyway everybody maybe expect for Goran already knew Nadal was far superior on clay to Novak.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thiem didn’t play well, but Djoker liked clowning around and wasn’t exactly beaming with pride when he faced Thiem. Thiem never won the French. He never reached a choking point at the French vs Nadal because he was not a clay warrior. Get your facts straight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually thought Djokovic would win it, as Nadal's form in the previous 6 rounds was good, but not enough for the final against Djokovic. He was nervy in that 3rd set against Diego, but he learnt from his mistakes and did his homework to beat Novak.

It was like he saved his true form for the final.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
But
Also Nole's form in the 5th set against Tsitsipas was scary.
That was the problem. He left too much on the court against Tsitispas. He was never going to beat this version of Nadal. Nobody can. But his scoreline would have been better. Maybe 4 sets.

·
Registered
17,608 Posts
Well I think his point is Thiem usually handled Novak at RG the last few years and yet Thiem has been dominated at RG by Nadal the last few years at RG. So if Novak can't beat Thiem at RG why in the world would anyone think he could beat Nadal. But anyone matchups don't really work that way but his point is valid.

Anyway everybody maybe expect for Goran already knew Nadal was far superior on clay to Novak.
Firstly, Djokovic has already beaten Thiem at RG so it’s automatically invalid. But let's suppose that Djokovic hadn't beaten Thiem at RG. Let's apply this logic elsewhere:

Federer has handled Djokovic at Monte Carlo and yet Federer has been dominated at MC by Nadal. So if Djokovic can't beat Federer at MC why in the world would anyone think he could beat Nadal.

Why? Because they are two completely different match-ups. Djokovic has beaten Nadal twice at Monte Carlo. This "logic" is illogical. You can't use Match-Up A to make predictions about Match Up B.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Firstly, Djokovic has already beaten Thiem at RG so it’s automatically invalid. But let's suppose that Djokovic hadn't beaten Thiem at RG. Let's apply this logic elsewhere:

Federer has handled Djokovic at Monte Carlo and yet Federer has been dominated at MC by Nadal. So if Djokovic can't beat Federer at MC why in the world would anyone think he could beat Nadal.

Why? Because they are two completely different match-ups. Djokovic has beaten Nadal twice at Monte Carlo. This "logic" is illogical. You can't use Match-Up A to make predictions about Match Up B.
I mean last match with Thiem on RG! Thiem is Prince of clay! It why I choose this Match-up!

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,547 Posts

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Fanboi arrogance fueled by lack of tennis understanding. Nadal's victory was perfectly assured as soon as Djokovic lost the third set to Tits.
Even if he had closed out 3rd set with Stefanos Tsitsipas, result would have been pretty much the same. Novak Djokovic's camp may have been even more arrogant and self sufficient after a straight set win!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts