Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All other players who win match in Cup is loved here!

Hating (see post about his win over Thiem) when player win match against odds. I don't understand...

Borna trying. Yes he is different.

There no players like he. But it's great when you are different.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,622 Posts
More like some people were disappointed Dominic lost.
And some people just don't take to Coric's game which isn't as powerful as some others, but that's not necessarily hating. That's just preference for playstyle.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
It’s not personal, it’s just because he’s a boring pusher and most people would rather see attacking good shot makers succeeding.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
It’s not personal, it’s just because he’s a boring pusher and most people would rather see attacking good shot makers succeeding.
The thing is that he's not that boring pusher , he's one of the few new players with a more clean and suitable game in grass .

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I wouldn't call Borna a "pusher", he actually strikes the ball quite firmly and aggressively. But his game is undeniably boring. He has no variety, unusual techniques, or major weapons to speak of - and his personality is also quite bland from what I've seen. Even his face just reminds me of the generic self-insert characters used in action movies and violent video games. Really nothing about him is remarkable or interesting in any way.

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
He came out kind of hot-headed, comparing himself to Djokovic and, on his off days, Murray.

He got a tattoo on his arm in 2014 that says "There is nothing worse in life than being ordinary."

But he's also admitted that he let his breakout success go to his head: “I stopped working on some aspects of my tennis,” he admitted with admirable honesty. “I had that big breakthrough when I was very young and I think I was not mature enough. My game was not on that level yet. And then all the people expected that it’s going to keep going and it’s going to happen.”

He's gotten a lot more humble but, as with the tattoo, he still has to wear the consequences of his earlier hubris.

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
When he made the comment in comparing himself with Novak Djokovic when playing well, and Andy Murray in his bad days he was only 16 or 17 years old, give the guy a break.

And he obviously talking about a game style, not a similar level in any way.

·
Premium Member
10,322 Posts
Provided he defeated Djokovic or Nadal, he would not have received any hate.

But he defeated Thiem who is overhyped by loud and boring support here (partly because some expect him to prevent Nadal to win 15 French Open) even if 26 and slamless.

I am afraid Hate is only a side effect of Frustration because of Thiem under achievement.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
He has a boring game, unremarkable personality and not from a large country that can provide a lot of patriotic fans that will ignore his boringness.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Only hate he gets from Fedcult because he kicked chickenleg-arm Frauderer's arse. Otherwise he's a very fine player

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Only hate he gets from Fedcult because he kicked chickenleg-arm Frauderer's arse. Otherwise he's a very fine player
Congrats. Since your Unban you haven’t managed to create a single post without any insult, vilification or in any other way hateful slant. You’re a true enrichment to this forum

btw. Coric kicked nadal’s ass as well.

·
justice for all
16,815 Posts
Borna’s game may not be very exciting but calling him oridinary or boring is dishonest. How many of you guys have almost been among TOP10 people worldwide in a highly competitive field? Is that ordinary?

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Congrats. Since your Unban you haven’t managed to create a single post without any insult, vilification or in any other way hateful slant. You’re a true enrichment to this forum
Your uninformed, prejudiced, dumb opinion on my posting is utterly irrelevant, who are you?

btw. Coric kicked nadal’s ass as well.
Exactly, that's the difference between a fan who moves on and a cultist/tard who carry on rabidly hating forever those who expose chickenleg-arm Frauderer for what he is, a Fraud.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Your uninformed, prejudiced, dumb opinion on my posting is utterly irrelevant, who are you?

Exactly, that's the difference between a fan who moves on and a cultist/tard who carry on rabidly hating forever those who expose chickenleg-arm Frauderer for what he is, a Fraud.
it’s not your posting. It’s your entire posting history. If we’re lucky we‘d find maybe 3/100 posts that aren’t either hateful, insulting, condescending or contain any form of obscenity. It’s hilarious. You don‘t need to be prejudiced to figure that out. Whenever I read your name I already know I’m in for some unpleasant reading experience and you never fail to deliver. Again. Congrats

1 - 20 of 43 Posts