Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
97,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I gotta go, and these are my challenger leans. Can't post odds as I don't know them yet (local bookies open when I'm away from the computer). But everything here looks playable.

Haehnel over Kim (Haehnel played very well in quallies and yesterday, Kim beat Ascione who played his worst crap ever; still Haehnel should be a dog)

These matches should be around 1.5:

Petzschner over Ouanna
Dlouhy over Peya

Petzschi played great yesterday. Ouanna also played well, but he had some health problems lately. Peya is crap. I wanted to add Lacko over Mannarino, but Lacko would be around 1.3-35 so not worth it.

Chardy over Gicquel (Tricky one and I expect around 2.7 on Chardy as Gicquel is seeded 2 and Chardy has a WC, but I'll risk it anyway, because I think it's worth some credit, it may hit.)

good luck everyone!

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Going with form!

60 units on Li Na 2.00 over Shahar Peer - Peer hasn't been at her best lately therefor hasn't peaked while Li is pretty warm atm!!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Going with form!

60 units on Li Na 2.00 over Shahar Peer - Peer hasn't been at her best lately therefor hasn't peaked while Li is pretty warm atm!!

Good luck!!
I also fancy Li Na, she has been great this year. Shocking that she is also a slight dog!! Lean towards Ivanovic as well over tough Radwanska.

·
Registered
97,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you all guys aware these odds are so big on Ivanovic because she sprained her foot yesterday 2 balls before match finish? I don't say Radwanska is a sure winner, I don't say sportsmen don't have the painkillers, but it is a truly risky bet IMO.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Are you all guys aware these odds are so big on Ivanovic because she sprained her foot yesterday 2 balls before match finish? I don't say Radwanska is a sure winner, I don't say sportsmen don't have the painkillers, but it is a truly risky bet IMO.
Thanks so much for that update! I was wondering why the odds were so good for Ivanovic. No such thing as an easy winner but definitely fancy Radwanska now but wouldn't be surprised if she pulls out or retires early from the match.

·
tennishaven.com
36,855 Posts
well if its not good, lets hope she retires before making it worse :)

·
Registered
97,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well if its not good, lets hope she retires before making it worse :)
Well, I am on Aga and I win if the 1st set is completed, but I would hate if something more serious happened to Ana. My cousin dances in a folk band, and once she ignored the pain because didn't want to miss an important performance, and she couldn't walk for 3 weeks after that :tape:.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Im agreeing with Jaap in a way, gone with

Zverev to win first set at 3/1
Llodra to take first set at 9/4

Radwanska to win at 1/1
Anabel M. Garrigues to win at 5/4
Zvonareva to win at 6/5
Li Na to win at 10/11

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Davydenko 1.33 over Llodra: Davydenko is 4-0 in his career against Llodra and these tournaments are his bread and butter. Kolya struggled in the Davis Cup match against Djokovic before the Serb retired in the 3rd set. Davydenko's greatest strenght is his return of serve, and this may better tell us why Llodra is winless against him. In fact, Llodra hasn't taken a set off of the Russian. Look for this success to continue.

Berdych 1.55 over Karlovic: The heads up between these guys is 1-1, the last being a 3 setter which ended 15-13 tiebreaker with Dr. Ivo taking it. Berdych looked excellent in destroying an out of form and on the way out Ljubicic. This is a match of two big servers but theres no question that Berdych has the better all around game. His results in Rotterdamn are lacking, and it's probably going to go to a couple breakers, but Berdych is definitely the better player here.

Horna 2.50 over Calleri: These two already have played twice this year, with Horna taking the last in Chile on clay. Calleri pulled a big win over fellow Argentine Juan Monaco, but I don't think that this is his best surface and I think that he'd much rather be in Rotterdam or San Jose and has no choice but to do this because its in his home nation. At these odds I have to go with Horna, who also holds a 3-1 career edge on the dirt.

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
ROITMAN over Volandri @ 3.40, 2 units
GIMENO-TRAVER over Acasuso @ 4.12, 2 units

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Isner @ 2.4

1 - 20 of 54 Posts