Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer has only won 2 slams after turning 28 back in August 2009.

Sampras only won 2 slams after turning 28 back in August 1999.

This is a bad omen for Nadal. He already won one slam after turning 28. Probably only has one slam win left.

Seems like these 14 plus slam winners of the open era decline big time after hitting 28.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yes cause Rafa has the same career as them, pointless thread

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes cause Rafa has the same career as them, pointless thread
Nadal is almost done. His career is of a 14 slam winner, similar to Pete who only won 2 slams after 28. Similar to Federer.

After 28 these kind of players that won so many slams, rarely won slams.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I love it when guys like you come out and try and compare the uncomparable.
Its not writen in stone. Every rule has an exemption.

Before Rafa nobody won as many RG as he did. As long as there is clay in the mix he can win more. Time will tell.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

This is a bad omen for Nadal. He already won one slam after turning 28. Probably only has one slam win left.

Seems like these 14 plus slam winners of the open era decline big time after hitting 28.
You do realise you have just attracted a bunch of rioting school girls here for a 25 page marathon?

Yeah, good luck. :yeah:

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Nice stats but it didn't factor in just how weak the clay era is. Dull could scoop up 2 more RGs, and then luck out an AO and it's 17. Still not enough for GOAT, but he can always get lucky.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

Nadal has 2 may be 3 French Opens left in him at top and max. It's now down to Novak completely, to see as whether Nadal equals the record or he doesn't. One things for sure, after that result today he will never lose to Rafa at a hardcourt slam again and if he does I will wipe my crack-side the next time I dump with a broken glass bottle. It's just not happening.

He said in his post match interview; 'I managed to not just win against my opponent, but win against myself, also. So this is an important moment for me, mentally'

The guy has just had the biggest win against adversity; anything Nadal puts in-front of him MENTALLY on a hard-court is not going to be an mountain he will fail to conquer. He is the better player on hard-courts, he matches up well with Rafa in terms of having a strong backhand and solid forehand, there just is nothing and nowhere for Rafa to turn anymore. That's what people don't understand, they think this win helps Rafa in his quest to fake GOATship, but it really doesn't. Not if you look at the bigger, grander picture scheme of things, Novak Djokovic is now mentally going in with the belief he can over come ANYTHING. 5-2 down and loses it 5-7.... then still wins the match?! Nah, that's too much now, he's gonna win over 10 slams and dominate the hard-courts. Rafa will max out with 2 more RG's and Novak will get his one eventually. He'll finish with 16 and that will be that, injuries and other factors will doom him for his 30s and retirement will be FORCED into being called.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Novak will get his one eventually. He'll finish with 16 and that will be that, injuries and other factors will doom him for his 30s and retirement will be FORCED into being called.
:lol:

Quoted just so this epic troll thread can be bumped at a later date.

Clutching-at-straws as always.

·
Registered
288 Posts
One things for sure, after that result today he will never lose to Rafa at a hardcourt slam again and if he does I will wipe my crack-side the next time I dump with a broken glass bottle. It's just not happening.
:haha:

Nadal is the current US Open champion and Australian Open finalist. Even if Djokovic is the favourite on HC, how on earth can anyone say he will NEVER lose to Nadal on a HC grand slam? He lost to Wavrinka in the AO, how many people predicted that?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hope so the man is fucking ugly to watch it's painfully seeing him play Tennis how he has any fans is beyond me, thank god Nole is back to his best and Rafa will never beat him in a slam again.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Nice jinx. I never wanted Rafa to reach Sampras' 14, let alone surpass it.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Nadal is not Sampras or Federer. He might not win another slam. He might win one, or he might win several. You can't predict the future performance of someone based on what others accomplishment. That's silly.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts